Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Szpilka outboxing Wilder or not? was he up in the cards?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm surprised no one mentioned that Washington was up on one judge card and even in the 2 others when he got slugged... Yup, that Gerald Washington!!!...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Objecitivity View Post
      There were many rounds when Szpila, nor Widler landed any effective or damaging punches on each other. Or they were equal in that department. However, Szpilka won many rounds, almost purely on ring generalship and through landed more ineffective punches.

Wilder wasn't landing damaging punches in every round. The rounds he did are the ones he won. The others, Szpilka won!
      Wilder didn't take any damage, that's the whole point. When a guy is losing rounds AND taking punches that's not a good sign of that fighter's talent. Ring general ship means doing what you want to do in there it doesn't mean coming forward wins you the fight, Wilder routinely boxes off the back foot.

I don't care because in today's 21st century planet earth that isn't 100% clean / natural, there exists no athlete that is 100% clean / natural either. Thus, Povetkin is no more chemically enhanced than other athletes like Wilder are. And Povetkin whilst possibly enhanced concussed the much bigger Johan Duhapas whilst the much taller and rangier Wilder failed to even drop the same Duhapas.

And if the current heavyweight division was so good, a 38 year 'Pedvetkin' shouldn't be one of the contenders in today's heavyweight division. And at age 38, despite being tested multiple times a day where he is not only on PED's anymore but is being drained off his own blood from excessive testing, he is still a top 10 boxer and one of the contenders, despite being a pressure fighter / high intensity fighter at age 38. So shouldn't that mean the current heavyweight division is overrated?

If the current heavyweight division as good manylike you claim it is, then even a Povetkin on PED's shouldn't be that successful at knocking out the likes of Duhapas more impressively than the so called 'special athletic boxer' like Wilder did. Considering Povektin is a very tiny heavyweight that is commonly considered a cruiser weight by many and has struggled against cruiser weights.
      We've gone over this, Duhapaus took the fight on 20 hours notice, Pedvetkin already had a full training camp. Jesus, you'll make excuses for guys that you think ar jet lagged but ignore broken hands and guys taking the fight on a day's notice.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
        Didn't Wilder get dropped by some journeyman Harold Sconiers? Didn't Wilder get lit up pretty good by Johan Duhuapas too? He isn't a defensive wizard either and Brook is 10x better than either of those guys.
        Wilder didn't have 300+ amateur fights, he didn't hide in the amateurs as a grown ass man. Wilder had 2 years from the time he first stepped into a boxing ring to the time he turned pro. He's been learning in the pros so of course he'll make mistakes, he always gets better.

Brook didn't even belong at 160, he was fighting 2 divisions down, that's like a guy like Bellew busting Wilder's face up.

Comment

Szpilka wasn't really outboxing Wilder but he was outpointing him. Wilder didn't even seem to be interested in winning rounds, just waited for the opening to knock Szpilka out.

Comment

The fight was close, more because of Wilder inexperience with southpaws and the natural problem his style have with them. By the 2 or 3 last rounds Wilder had already adjusted, Szpilka was more and more defensive. In the last round, Wilder thought of a way to explore the looping left and started to throw the short right, what shows his ring IQ. There wasn't an outbox at all, though these wide rights early-on were awfull. For these reasons I keep saying Ortiz is the hardest match to Wilder, if he pass through, there's hard a problem for him in years

Comment

Seeing as I'm easy to outbox, Ortiz can use his Cuban amateur experience and 84" reach to do the job. But you must remember it seem simple only before that first bell ring. He call me bitch? We gonna find out. We gonna find out real soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                Wilder didn't have 300+ amateur fights, he didn't hide in the amateurs as a grown ass man. Wilder had 2 years from the time he first stepped into a boxing ring to the time he turned pro. He's been learning in the pros so of course he'll make mistakes, he always gets better.

Brook didn't even belong at 160, he was fighting 2 divisions down, that's like a guy like Bellew busting Wilder's face up.
                Why lie and exaggerate? on his official Wikipedia, it says 3 years between his amateur career and his pro debut (against tomato cans). His first decent opponent was Stiverne.

Comment

calling Szpilka a bum is disrespectful. I think his performance spoke for itself up until the knockout. Someone said he wasn't a top 10 guy at the time of the fight. That's actually incorrect I believe he was in the top 10 heavys in every major boxing federation. I believe he was #9 in WBC at the time. I don't like calling fighters bums even when they prolly are. Stepping in to the ring and fighting for a living is to be respected in my opinion. Any fighter that earns himself a shot at the title I don't consider a bum. More appropriate term would be NOT ELITE but pretty good for a guy like Szpilka.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post

brook was having trouble making that 147..where does he fight now? And he fought spence so you must be saying Spence was a grown ass man too when he was still in amateurs....hmmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                      brook was having trouble making that 147..where does he fight now? And he fought spence so you must be saying Spence was a grown ass man too when he was still in amateurs....hmmmmmm
                      Brook moved immediately back down to 147 to fight Spence, he's only moving up because he had trouble with the added muscle he gained for ggg.

Comment

Working...
                      X