Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DiBella: Golovkin Not Getting Any Younger, Probably Should Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
    There were a couple of times that he hurt Canelo. Once in the 10th round and definitely in the 11th on the ropes. He caught him with a couple of punches and Canelo started bouncing up and down to recover his legs.
    I don’t remember either fighter ever being in serious trouble during the fight. GGG was tagged several times and it slowed down or completely stopped his attack.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
      I don’t remember either fighter ever being in serious trouble during the fight. GGG was tagged several times and it slowed down or completely stopped his attack.
      No I agree neither guy was in serious trouble but my impression was Golovkin stunned him a few times. Canelo has a very good chin. Much better than I previously thought.

Comment

GGG’s supporters fail to realize that he basically lost the first three rounds. You can make a case that the first was even. And if you wanted to badly enough, you could give him the third. And when you dig that big a hole, you have to win seven of the final nine rounds. Which extremely tough to do without any two point rounds. Just like you can justify giving Canelo the first three. You can also justify giving him the final three rounds. And best case scenario for GGG is that he won two of those rounds. And even if you gave him two of those rounds. He had to sweep rounds 4-9 to win. GGG took too long to get started. And once he finally did, he still never completely took over the fight.

Comment

No I agree neither guy was in serious trouble but my impression was Golovkin stunned him a few times. Canelo has a very good chin. Much better than I previously thought.
          I think GGG’s reputation as a monstrous puncher makes people assume that every time he connects, his opponent is on the verge of death. Likewise, I think his reputation of having a great chin makes people brush it off when he gets hit.

Comment

I think GGG’s reputation as a monstrous puncher makes people assume that every time he connects, his opponent is on the verge of death. Likewise, I think his reputation of having a great chin makes people brush it off when he gets hit.
            Another thing that gets taken for granted is that Golivkin is going to
            KO everyone he faces. So if that doesn't happen in some people's eyes he fell short. We all know that not every fight ends in KO. I thought he would KO Canelo but like I said Canelo has a great chin.

Comment

GGG’s supporters fail to realize that he basically lost the first three rounds. You can make a case that the first was even. And if you wanted to badly enough, you could give him the third. And when you dig that big a hole, you have to win seven of the final nine rounds. Which extremely tough to do without any two point rounds. Just like you can justify giving Canelo the first three. You can also justify giving him the final three rounds. And best case scenario for GGG is that he won two of those rounds. And even if you gave him two of those rounds. He had to sweep rounds 4-9 to win. GGG took too long to get started. And once he finally did, he still never completely took over the fight.
              I can't justify giving Canelo the last three rounds. The first I gave to Golovkin.

Comment

Another thing that gets taken for granted is that Golivkin is going to
                KO everyone he faces. So if that doesn't happen in some people's eyes he fell short. We all know that not every fight ends in KO. I thought he would KO Canelo but like I said Canelo has a great chin.

Comment

I can't justify giving Canelo the last three rounds. The first I gave to Golovkin.
                  So if you gave GGG the first, and one of the final three. It’s means for GGG to win, he had to win five rounds between 4-9.

Comment

I thought GGG did enough to win last time like most people, but he did not look great doing it. It almost looked like he was intimidated by the event and had trouble getting into the swing of things.

It really is hard to know to what extent his close performances can be attributed to the rise in class and to what extent he might be falling off. If it is the latter, he may lose the rematch. If it is just a matter of stepping up the class, he may be able to improve on his previous performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Mukuro View Post
                      I thought GGG did enough to win last time like most people, but he did not look great doing it. It almost looked like he was intimidated by the event and had trouble getting into the swing of things.

It really is hard to know to what extent his close performances can be attributed to the rise in class and to what extent he might be falling off. If it is the latter, he may lose the rematch. If it is just a matter of stepping up the class, he may be able to improve on his previous performance.
                      If he didn't look great, Canelo definitely didn't look good. Everyone expect GGG to KO everyone and when it doesn't happen, ppl say he lost or what you stated. GGG controlled the whole fight. Canelo was a defensive back all night long. When boxers fighter better comp, it's going to harder to KO ppl. Tyson was KO a bunch of cans and when he fought better comp, we all saw what happen. We all know GGG won the first fight. He threw more, landed more, controlled the fight and he was more aggressive. He'll win the second one too.

Comment

Working...
                      X