Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wladimir Klitschko is a top 10 ATG Heavyweight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm grateful to the brothers for bringing order to the post-Lewis era but the criticism of Wladimir is that he lacked any signature wins. I'd argue that those bouts did take place at the end, and that he lost them. To Fury and Joshua.
    Last edited by SAINTSTEVE; 01-29-2018, 12:49 PM.

Comment

It would depend...I've had him top 15 for a while and probably keep him there, to be top 10, he'd somehow have to supersede one of the guys I have from 8-10, I don't think that's possible. A win over AJ, in THAT type of fight could have done it, but he ended up losing. He is certainly the greatest heavyweight of the 21st century though.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonBoxing View Post
        His body of work clearly makes him top 10 and I don't think there's much debate.
        Ross Purity and Lamon Brewster . I can easily list 10 better heavyweights than Wlad.

Comment

jack johnson had the fighting ability of a caveman, he got dropped by a 160lb stanley ketchel. Now imagine what a 240lb HW like klitschko would do to johnson.

Comment

In recent years I have had him in the 10-15 range and I don't see a reason to change that.

He doesn't have a great resume, he has great longevity and that is the basis of why I have him historically very high, but not in my top 10. Realistically I think you could make an argument for him anywhere from 6-20.

Comment

I think Heavyweight more than any I tend to measure relative to their era's when assessing them in a historical sense. Now, Wlad didn't have another truly elite level Heavyweight with which to test himself with during his time apart from his brother so that can make it difficult but given that he had three fairly bad KO losses and two of those as a seasoned championship level fighter it's got to be held a little against him somewhat.

I can't see him in the top 10, but I think top 15 sounds about right. To me it doesn't sound right putting him ahead of Lewis, Holyfield and Tyson just to name some modern heavyweight greats.

Comment

Working...
              X