Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lennox Lewis Checks Wilder For Saying He'd Destroy Mike Tyson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What good Heavyweight did Tyson ever beat though to be considered high tier. To me it was mostly media d1ck riding that gave Tyson that high tier rating other than that he sucked.

Comment

Originally posted by micky1971 View Post
      Hey dum dum, I watched Tyson clean out Berwick in 2 rands live on tv and years later watched him floor Douglas and the real time of what the ref counts is 12 seconds. It’s true mike was in serious decline because of two things, women and self discipline.
      First of all, it would be a very good guess to say you were under the age of 16 in 1985 just like the other no brainier s who say similar.
      Second, it’s a fact that the whole division at the time we’re afraid to face him.....it was not an assumption because the top heavyweights at the same would actually say so and nobody believed there was any shame in doing so.
      Mike Tyson smashed through boxing abilities of everyone of any size or power. The man himself is only man to beat him.
      Watch the Douglas fight and set your watch, Tyson had Douglas out.
      I can and have watched the fights on youtube. Watching a fight that occurred on live TV 30+ years ago doesn't give you some sort of credibility, it's called nostalgia.

12 count, I really don't care for excuses, shyt happens in the boxing ring and in life. The bottom line is Tyson lost. If Tyson can't put away Mitch Green how's he going to put away Wilder who can actually punch? It usually took Tyson accumulation punches when he stepped up and even then there were guys he did not knock out.

Comment

Originally posted by Deontay Wilder
        "No Old School Fighter Could Beat Me, I'd Knock Out Prime Mike Tyson"

Comment

Stiverne is total garbage. Who has stiverne beat? An obese alcoholic areola??

Comment

Oh my god you’re a tard

Comment

LOL, I think Mike Tyson today would be the best that Wilder has on his resume. lol.

Comment

I like Wilder and in my humble opinion he will beat Joshua if they fight. Saying that Wilders best win on his CV is Stiverne. Mike Tyson's 5 best wins as a Champ is better than Stiverne -, Tony Tucker, Bonecrusher Smith, Tyrell Biggs, Pinklon Thomas and Razor Ruddock all would be Champions today if they where in their prime so please Wilder don't say things you can't prove and like Lewis says be the best in your era and let history judge where you fit in the all time great list.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonyu View Post
                  I like Wilder and in my humble opinion he will beat Joshua if they fight. Saying that Wilders best win on his CV is Stiverne. Mike Tyson's 5 best wins as a Champ is better than Stiverne -, Tony Tucker, Bonecrusher Smith, Tyrell Biggs, Pinklon Thomas and Razor Ruddock all would be Champions today if they where in their prime so please Wilder don't say things you can't prove and like Lewis says be the best in your era and let history judge where you fit in the all time great list.
                  we will never know who could beat who, so, why would him saying tyson would destroy him be any better

Comment

Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
                    Sure he would. When he gets older. Every fighter loses past his prime. Wilder is nothing special. Just watch him get koed in the amateurs. Prime Mccall and rahman vs wilder is a 50/50 fight.

Those 3 are 2 levels above anyone widler has fought. Wilders poor footwork, wide haymakers, and terrible defense won't last 4 rds against prime mike.
                    Tyson was 24 (in his prime) when he lost to Douglas. What is your excuse to explain that away? Who exactly did Tyson beat? He lost almost all major fights against other Hall of Famers. He is 5' 10" in height and 70+ reach. At best, he is a cruiserweight in this era and gets played with.

Comment

Originally posted by RapidSon View Post
                      What good Heavyweight did Tyson ever beat though to be considered high tier. To me it was mostly media d1ck riding that gave Tyson that high tier rating other than that he sucked.
                      Exactly. Let the AJ nuthuggers assess his record too as they have always done for Wilder. Tyson lost almost every major fight save for beating up AJ's older brother (Frank Bruno) - another all hype, good physique guy.

Comment

Working...
                      X