Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lennox Lewis Checks Wilder For Saying He'd Destroy Mike Tyson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A champion has to have absolute confidence and belief in himself.

But Wilder hasn't done or proven enough for me to say he could beat prime Tyson. And in the skills department I don't think he matches up.

Comment

I like Wilder and I like his confidence, but that is a pretty crazy statement to make.

Also, it was very disrespectful to Iron Mike with the way Wilder said it.

Comment

Those Wild punches would be only finding air all night as Mike bobbed his way inside punished his body before using his trade mark shoulder nudge (which he loved on taller guys) to open just enough space to hook and uppercut Wilders chin, it would be done inside 4 rounds.

The fact Wilder even contemplates this fight just shows he hasn’t fought anyone, he’s blasted through poor opposition and is believing his own BS, when he faces someone that can box he’s going to hurt, you can only fake it for soo long in the HW game, it’s coming.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
          Tyson weighed the same as Wilder.
          Fraser would also have owned Wilder, no comparison.

Comment

Wilder vs a young Tyson might be the biggest mismatch ever, one has a 24inch punch and the other a 4inch punch.

Laughable.

Comment

Originally posted by NahMean View Post

Lennox Lewis finds it mind bobbling that the bum slayer Deontay Wilder who is yet to fight anyone a pulse thinks he can beat every heavyweight in history including prime Mike Tyson. Lewis is so flustrated that he's gone on twitter to put DeonWho in his place.
              Did you really just say "mind bobbling?" Lmao jesus

Comment

Wilder is an embarrassing clown who ran away from a $5 million payday against Dillian Whyte never mind a prime Mike Tyson.

Comment

Tyson will send him to hell with a big uppercut

Comment

I saw the title and had to check the message boards..you guys definetly didn’t disappoint...With an 02 Tyson I would say Wilder had a punchers chance but an 86 Tyson, those bolo punches of Wilder was Tyson’s bread and butter..Left hook and good night

Comment

Wilder would destroy Mike Tyson at any age. I guarantee you, Wilder of today vs. the Tyson Lewis fought, Wilder wins by KO within 4.

Ok, so boxrec is saying Iron Mike had 13 fights in 1986!!! WTF?!? That is crazy impressive. As are his knock outs. Still, Iron Mike never really had any statement victory. Sure, he beat an old, shell of Holmes and some guy called Trevor Berbick, but a prime Mike Tyson got embarrassed by Buster Douglas. Sorry, but yes, todays Wilder destroys either fighter in that fight almost 30 years ago. Any decent 6'5 fighter embarrasses Tyson with a jab. Sorry, but its true. Love a young Tyson, and his ko's are some of the best to watch, but yea, both Klitschko's, Wilder, Joshua, and Lennox beat a prime Tyson all day every day. Tyson was fighting guys that were 6 foot 220 pounds. Iron Mike's opponents would either be cruiserweights or former cruiserweights like Bellew and Haye are today. And yes, Tyson destroys Bellew and Haye. But not AJ or Wilder.

Comment

Working...
                      X