Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Thurman doing to Spence what Mayweather did to Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is not May/Pac.

And so many folks have no clue as to what really happened to draw out that fight so long.

Folks still think it was all Floyd delaying.

I think Floyd would have fought him in 2009 and again in 2012.

But somewhere along the way- and with all of Arum's and Manny's excuses- Floyd figured out that interest was never going to die for the fight and he could cash out big-time whenever it happened.

Thurman/Spence isn't that in any way, shape, or form.

Even if you think Floyd avoided the fight for 6 years (which he clearly did not) this isn't Thurman avoiding a fight because he wants it to marinate for more money.

This isn't Keith needing to heal.

This isn't Keith waiting for Spence to "slow down" (another laughable theory applied to May/Pac since the fight most dependent on reflexes and speed and least dependent on power would have every reason to fight sooner, not later).

This is just Keith not wanting to fight a guy he knows will take what he has.

This is just Keith not knowing what else to do but delay and avoid.

He knows he is food to Spence.

Comment

Not even close. For one thing, Thurman has fought the best in his division at their prime...Garcia and Porter back to back. Something Floyd never accomplished. For another, Thurman would likely be the one to age and deteriorate faster than Spence if he chose to "marinate" this fight for five years.

I think this fight happens in 2019 so long as they are both champions.

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
        This is not May/Pac.

And so many folks have no clue as to what really happened to draw out that fight so long.

But somewhere along the way- and with all of Arum's and Manny's excuses- Floyd figured out that interest was never going to die for the fight and he could cash out big-time whenever it happened.

Even if you think Floyd avoided the fight for 6 years (which he clearly did not) this isn't Thurman avoiding a fight because he wants it to marinate for more money.

This isn't Keith waiting for Spence to "slow down" (another laughable theory applied to May/Pac since the fight most dependent on reflexes and speed and least dependent on power would have every reason to fight sooner, not later).

"We all know the Pacquiao fight, at this particular time, will never happen, and the reason why the fight won't happen is because I will never do business with Bob Arum again in life, and Pacquiao is Bob Arum's fighter. Bob Arum gives Pacquiao a date, whereas Floyd Mayweather gives Floyd Mayweather his own date. I will be fighting again in May and I will be fighting again in September. I'm gonna give you two reasons the Pacquiao fight is not going to happen. Like I said before, I will never do business with Bob Arum in life, but I don't wish him nothing bad,"

Comment

The difference is that Thurman won't be waiting until Spence is shot and/or previously KO'd. Spence keeps getting better and is younger and bigger than Keith. Both fighters will still be in their prime in 2019, so it's not remotely close to the same thing.

Comment

give it up man. freddie roach will tell u himself they were at fault for the fight not taking place in 2010.

pac was most likely juiced to the gills.

they agreed on 50/50 split, weight, site. pac demanded a $10 million dollar per pound penalty for coming over 147. floyd said yes. . then came blood testing and everything fell apart.

Comment

Neither of these guys have promoters so there is no Arum f#cking up the talks nor is there two sides from different sides of the street who notoriously disagree that need to agree for this fight to happen so nah this is nothing like Floyd vs Manny.

And sh^t man does anyone actually think Spence's "momentum" is about to have "run its course". Spence is just getting bigger as Thurman is getting smaller by being out & inactive.

Also one guy being inactive doesn't make a fight bigger. In fact I think a guy not fighting makes a fight smaller when he's not passed that threshold of fame that Thurman isn't close to reaching yet. Thurman is no Floyd or Manny or SRL. Absence makes the heart grow fonder in fighting, BUT only when you are an icon or just on some huge stage. Thurman isn't. He actually still needs to beat Spence & maybe a couple other cats before he hits that stage of the game & of his popularity.

Comment

Originally posted by Hayemaker! View Post
                Why fight a young hungry lion when you are not at your best both physically and mentally? Just to satisfy the bloodlust of fans that will dump you as soon as you lose?

By going on "vacation" and stalling the Spence fight, Thurman achieves several things.

1. Everyone starts calling him out more (all attention is good attention) and begging for his return.

2. He gets to watch Spence and Crawford expose and damage each other while he rests his body and mind.

3. He can choose to come back when the other guy's momentum has run its course and he himself is well rested.

4. By stalling, he is making the fight bigger financially.

5. When he finally fights and beats Spence, it will be more dramatic because everyone thought he was ducking.

Make no mistake, the Spence Thurman fight WILL happen. But, Thurman wants to do it at a time that is most beneficial to HIM.

This **** is exactly what Mayweather did to Pacquiao.
                Floyd didn't stall the #48 fight. In the 1st 47 seconds of this video is one proof.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQsHMN1B_bg

Comment

Originally posted by Hayemaker! View Post
                  Why fight a young hungry lion when you are not at your best both physically and mentally? Just to satisfy the bloodlust of fans that will dump you as soon as you lose?

By going on "vacation" and stalling the Spence fight, Thurman achieves several things.

1. Everyone starts calling him out more (all attention is good attention) and begging for his return.

2. He gets to watch Spence and Crawford expose and damage each other while he rests his body and mind.

3. He can choose to come back when the other guy's momentum has run its course and he himself is well rested.

4. By stalling, he is making the fight bigger financially.

5. When he finally fights and beats Spence, it will be more dramatic because everyone thought he was ducking.

Make no mistake, the Spence Thurman fight WILL happen. But, Thurman wants to do it at a time that is most beneficial to HIM.

This **** is exactly what Mayweather did to Pacquiao.
                  Thurman isn't avoiding blood testing or asking for a 2 week window to be notified before drug testing.

Comment

thurman makes it clear that he will not fight spence until 2019 and everyone wanna act like when they finally sit down to negotiate for the fight like there's not gonna be any issues. see yall in 2019 with "i told you so". LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
                      This is not May/Pac.

Good post, I say Keith & Errol will happen in the end of 2019 if they both keep winning that is....

Comment

Working...
                      X