Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hurd: Time To Put Everyone on Notice Who The Best at 154 Is!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hurd: Time To Put Everyone on Notice Who The Best at 154 Is!

IBF junior middleweight world champion Jarrett Hurd (21-0, 15 KOs) finally got his man. Hurd had called for a unification showdown with WBA, IBO world champion Erislandy Lara (25-2-2, 14 KOs). On Wednesday, the fight was made official when Showtime announced the contest for April 7th at a venue to be determined at a later date.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Lara will expose you for what you are, a sloppy boxer who relies too much on size and not enough on skill

Comment

I'm excited for this fight Hurd will make a statement by stopping Lara becoming the unified champ and number 1 154 pounder

Comment

Jermell Charlo????

Comment

Originally posted by MrClutch85 View Post
          I'm excited for this fight Hurd will make a statement by stopping Lara becoming the unified champ and number 1 154 pounder
          I'm actually pulling for Hurd even though I like Lara more. I just would prefer the younger guys meet up, but damn. Trout made Hurd look like it was his 1st time boxing in most of that fight. I mean he barely knew how to walk forward. Hes big and wore Trout down. Big ups to him but it was the weight advantage that won him the fight, nothing more.
          Lara is a much better boxer and can move the whole fight. Unless Hurds trainer is working on him knowing how to move forward properly he's losing big on the scorecard.

Comment

Originally posted by Sosay View Post
            I'm actually pulling for Hurd even though I like Lara more. I just would prefer the younger guys meet up, but damn. Trout made Hurd look like it was his 1st time boxing in most of that fight. I mean he barely knew how to walk forward. Hes big and wore Trout down. Big ups to him but it was the weight advantage that won him the fight, nothing more.
            Lara is a much better boxer and can move the whole fight. Unless Hurds trainer is working on him knowing how to move forward properly he's losing big on the scorecard.
            Hurd crosses his feet coming forward that's not the proper way to do it because you walking into punches that's why Trout was tagging him the first 5 rounds.Lara doesn't let his hands go Hurd has a better workrate and arsenal of punches.If Lara can't hurt him with the straight left he in trouble

Comment

this is a big step up for Hurd. I respect him for such an ambitious move. Lara is an experienced mobile boxer that will bring the best out of Hurd.
              I see Hurd winning by late KO after Lara has taking a commanding lead on all cards.

Comment

I think Lara will be too skilled for Hurd.

Comment

Man I dunno, Hurd looked devastating against Trout, can Lara withstand that kind of pressure, I know he's good but I dunno.

Comment

I'm rooting for Lara as I don't like weight bullying, this kid Hurd should be fighting at 168, but somehow he manages to boil down to 154, skills pay the bills and hopefully they do again in this fight. Hopefully Lara doesn't get robbed in a close fight, Hurd is the young American on his way up so the commission and the judges might favor him.

Comment

Working...
                    X