Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Difference between Spence and Golovkin (honest assessment)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hayemaker! View Post
    I'll bet the house that Spence stops Thurman. You can bet on Thurman.

Put your money where your mouth is or stfu.
    He said an imaginary fight is just that. Where did he say Thurman would beat Spence?

Comment

Originally posted by Wildstalker View Post
      Both have a lot of KOs, but the difference is that, Spence can decisively stop the other best champions in his division (Brook, Thurman), while GGG cannot (Jacobs, Canelo).

In other words, Spence is able to distinguish himself from the rest of his division like a SPECIAL fighter, while GGG went life and death when he stepped up in competition.

So, P4P wise, Spence > GGG.

No agenda here, just an honest observation.....
      Apples and organges. P4P JACOBS AND CANELO ARE A LEVEL ABOVE BROOK PETERSON AND ALGERI. What an absurd assessment. Not too mention spence fight night weight is almost the same as ggg's. LMA0.

Comment

Spence has to stop Thurman first before you say this.

Comment

It is also worth pointing out that Spence is in his athletic prime. Golovkin was avoided by the best in his division until he was 35 years old. A prime GGG against current Canelo or Jacobs would be a whitewash. That said, he still beat them both while on the backslide. I don't say this to take away from Spence, who is looking great and has a ton of potential. But the argument here is flawed on many levels.

Comment

I think it’s important to remember that Spence is 27 and hasn’t fought Thurman yet, while GGG is 35 and did fight Jacobs and Canelo. Love em both, think highly of GGG, but hey I’d love to see Spence surpass him. Haha not going to hate on a fun exciting boxer achieving greatness.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
              Just a honest observation. Spence and Thurman haven't fought.

Comment

GGG wasn’t able to get the fights while in his prime. I have no doubt GGG would’ve stopped Sergio, Quillin, PWill or any other top MW that was around 4 years ago. And people on this site call me a GGG hater.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                  GGG wasn’t able to get the fights while in his prime. I have no doubt GGG would’ve stopped Sergio, Quillin, PWill or any other top MW that was around 4 years ago. And people on this site call me a GGG hater.

p will wasnt around 4 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                    I don't know if I've called you a GGG hater in the past. But if I did, I take it back.

Comment

It's your observation and you may honestly believe that but that doesn't make it correct. Your agenda is clearly to declare Spence superior to GGG PFP. I didn't know there was a competition between them. I love both boxers. So far Spence has stopped only champion Brook who had already been stopped much quicker by GGG. When asked who was the better fighter Brook said GGG was the better fighter. You are giving Spence credit in advance for stopping Thurman. Sorry, in the real world only real wins count. GGG had hard fights with Canelo and Jacobs because they are much better fighters than Brook and they don't quit. Maybe someday Spence will be ranked higher PFP than GGG. Right now GGG is ranked higher than Spence PFP on the large majority of well known and respected PFP lists.

Comment

Working...
                      X