Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thurman and Crawfords movement give them a great chance to beat Spence

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sure but he already overcame Brook who is probably stronger than both....maybe less punching power but better mid range skill and tougher(not more durable since his eyes seem to fall apart, but he doesn't really shy away from punches when he's getting caught...)

Thurman is tailor-made for Spence.....he gets destroyed to the body....and I like Thurman.

Crawford is sharper with his defence and especially his footwork, but his head is sometimes up in the air and how he carries his power is still a question and how he handles power from real punchers.....he definitely matches up better though...fascinating fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon_Degrelle View Post
      Thats not my point. My point is Brook in the same way that he clearly exposed GGG flaws he did the same favor to Spence.

Thurman and especially Crawford know this and see this. Now can Thurman can outlast Spence? I think he has a great shot. Can Crawford do it? I think he will.
      I think saying someone was winning half the fight means nothing when they end up getting beat so bad they quit. If Kell was winning up until the 11th rd and Spence landed a lucky punch then your statement would carry more weight. But the reality of the fight was Kell started fast, Errol never hurt, or looked fazed out or uncomfortable. Errol adjusted and went on to systematically beat Brook into submission. It's not like Errol was fighting Algieri that night. He was fighting arguably the 2nd best welterweight at the time. Of course Brook was going to have some success, he's not a bum

Comment

I think that the key elements to overcome Spence are having power, defense, and quick movement. Both guys fit the bill so I see them as toss ups against Spence. Both guys have questionable punch resistance which could cost them the fight though. If Spence were to steamroll them both, man, that'd be something.

Comment

Thats not my point. My point is Brook in the same way that he clearly exposed GGG flaws he did the same favor to Spence.

Thurman and especially Crawford know this and see this. Now can Thurman can outlast Spence? I think he has a great shot. Can Crawford do it? I think he will.
          Collazo exposed Thurman's lack of body shot resistance, Gamboa exposed Crawford's fragile chin. So what?

Everyone has a flaw or two.

Also, since you on this triangle theory crap. How about the fact that Brook beat Porter better than Thurman did?

How about the fact Spence stopped Brook, who beat Porter, who fought on equal footing with Thurman?

How about the fact that Porter is eager for a Thurman rematch but tried to avoid a Brook rematch as much as possible?

Them fighters know what's up, the only one who doesn't is you.

Comment

Nonsense Spence is very good technically.
            He first plod he moves methodically, and slides his feet one step at a time. He is very rarely off balance because he keeps both feer on the mat all the time.
            When he wants too he moves very fast. Like when he chased down Peterson when he tried to run.
            Spence is the welterweight boogie man none of these guys want to fight him.

Comment

Originally posted by larry spence View Post
              who knocked him down?
              My bad he got buzzed against Gomboa @ 35:03.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                It's a 12 rd fight! You know who else was doing great in the first half? The Atlanta Falcons last year in the superbowl and ended up getting dominated in the second half. McGregor was doing great in the first half of the Floyd fight and ended up getting dominated. Just because you're front running doesn't mean you can't be dominated later. He made the man take a knee and quit ffs. If that's not domination I don't know what is.

As for the topic of the thread I favor Bud but no Thurman over Spence
                Brook was beating Spence until he suffered eye socket problems... again

Golovkin exposed Brooks physical problems already.

I think people are being flat out dishonest when they disregard the above...

Comment

What I meant was in fear factor but i didnt specify it.
                  Ok i see the comparison now. Fair enough!

BTW Crawford got wobbled not dropped vs Gamboa.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                    I think Spence's footwork is very good. He seems to almost always be in a good position to land his punches and that's what good footwork does for you. Bundu said he was a better boxer than Thurman. Thurman and Crawford have their own flaws and Spence will exploit their flaws and knock them out in my opinion if they ever share a ring with him. Brook won a couple of early rounds but once Spence got warmed up he dominated Brook. Spence rarely loses rounds on his way to knockout wins.
                    He's always in a position to punch because he never crosses his feet and he evades punches with his arms hands and elbows. He needs to tighten up his defense more but for someone as offensively orientated as he is, he doesn't get hit too much.

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
                      Brook was beating Spence until he suffered eye socket problems... again

Golovkin exposed Brooks physical problems already.

I think people are being flat out dishonest when they disregard the above...
                      It was even till the midway point and then Spence took over and beat him up.

Spence is a pressure fighter/puncher, nit surprising to see him outboxed early. The problem is going to be putting enough hurt on him to slow him down, and stopping him from getting to your body early. The second half of the fight is Spence's time to shine. It was vs Brook and I think tbe same will be true for Crawford and Thurman too.

Spence is a hell of a fighter. Crawford will be too small at 147 for a big and aggressive and skilled WW like Spence. He is absolute class, but maybe a division too far for a fight like this. Maybe he can pull something out the bag, he has the best chance imo.

Thurman doenst have the skill to fight at mid and close range, and his movement is inefficient. He has power but is it 'one time' power at the top level? Im not sure. Is see him winning rounds early but taking too many solid body shots before getting beat up late.

I think Spence will prove to be king of this division if the fights are made.
                      Last edited by Tom Cruise; 01-22-2018, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X