No announcement yet.

Peterson would have died in the ring last night

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
    Still a cheat who took drugs to do more harm to a fellow professional. But it's good old Lamont, it's fine, as PBP Said a while back he's one of the good guys, but **** all them shady Russians
    huh????? he got busted for roids, he lost a payday and the world moves on right?? This thread is about him getting his ass kicked, **** is wrong with you?

Comment

Peterson also fought a ****** gameplan, not sure why this isn't getting talked about enough. He literally just stood in front of Spence as a punching bag and......expected him to get tired of punching him???

Peterson had the mobility and length to make it more challenging for Spence but he chose to give it up and stand their and get pummeled. Shame on his trainer for creating such a ****** gameplan and almost getting his fighter seriously hurt.

Comment

The round before the stoppage or the one before that, Peterson was basically begging his corner to stop the fight. They ignored him. He's a warrior and didn't want to say it outright. Even the ref considered stopping the fight earlier.

Glad Lamont is okay, or is he? Any news today?

Comment

Both of his eyes looked like Tysons left eye in the Douglas fight.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
            The round before the stoppage or the one before that, Peterson was basically begging his corner to stop the fight. They ignored him. He's a warrior and didn't want to say it outright. Even the ref considered stopping the fight earlier.

Glad Lamont is okay, or is he? Any news today?
            He clearly wanted it to be stopped, you could tell with the answers he was giving his corner like "if you wanna stop it go ahead but I'm good." He was basically saying "please get me out of here, I don't wanna say it infront of the cameras"

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
              Peterson also fought a ****** gameplan, not sure why this isn't getting talked about enough. He literally just stood in front of Spence as a punching bag and......expected him to get tired of punching him???

Peterson had the mobility and length to make it more challenging for Spence but he chose to give it up and stand their and get pummeled. Shame on his trainer for creating such a ****** gameplan and almost getting his fighter seriously hurt.
              heres the thing that surprised me about spence. his foot speed is underrated. i dont think lamont could've done a damn thing to keep spence from invading his space. watch it again lamont tried to stick and move but spence wasn't having it. so I wouldn't say he was a willing punching bag. spence forced him to engage because he was getting bulldozed with activity. and its hard to time spence for pot shots because he varies his punch selection and he spins you around. lamont could not get separation so all that sticking and moving sht is not happening.

Comment

I noticed that, too and it made me wonder if that was Petersons way of throwing the fight on purpose bc it was fixed...just seemed really odd. He looked so strong and like he could hurt Spence but he wasn't trying to, just throwing straight punches and jabs enough to keep the ref from stopping it.

Comment

Originally posted by embryo View Post
                  He clearly wanted it to be stopped, you could tell with the answers he was giving his corner like "if you wanna stop it go ahead but I'm good." He was basically saying "please get me out of here, I don't wanna say it infront of the cameras"
                  Exactly. I'd have stopped it after the 6th round. There was no reason for the fight to go on after that point.

Spence better fight the best out there next. Not talking about the welter division, there's nobody there.

Find challenges elsewhere.

No more mismatches!

Comment

Originally posted by nacho daddy View Post
                    power unreal?? I like this kid spence but matthesse KO'd Peterson years ago in half the time with single punches as a 140 lb fighter
                    what's odd about that fight is that smoger stopped it imo kinda early, the last KD wasn't that clean as the second one with the left hook, and smoger is known for letting fighters fight
                    Last edited by Dean_Razorback; 01-21-2018, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by embryo View Post
                      I noticed that, too and it made me wonder if that was Petersons way of throwing the fight on purpose bc it was fixed...just seemed really odd. He looked so strong and like he could hurt Spence but he wasn't trying to, just throwing straight punches and jabs enough to keep the ref from stopping it.
                      "Gotta give the fans what they want" stand and trade, don't "run"

Comment

Working...
                      X