Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is spence jr packing a glass jaw?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think he can be hit and hurt, but not a glass jaw. We have seen him hurt and rocked at journeyman level, that doesn't mean he is packing glass it can happen. But I also think it indicates that it is probably not a strong point.

Comment

i question things, but i don't know about this. i didn't see him bothered by peterson honestly. but he does get hit. he took some big punches, the thing is that he had peterson in front of him.

Comment

Seems like he just waits a second to keep walking forward or re-setting after taking a punch.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
          I think he can be hit and hurt, but not a glass jaw. We have seen him hurt and rocked at journeyman level, that doesn't mean he is packing glass it can happen. But I also think it indicates that it is probably not a strong point.
          we'll have to wait and see how he reacts to a real power puncher like thurman and to lesser extent porter.

Comment

Originally posted by GMAN SUPREME View Post
            we'll have to wait and see how he reacts to a real power puncher like thurman and to lesser extent porter.
            I think a bigger issue is that he gets hit with punches he doesn't see, that is what I have noticed about him. This is a trait which is common in attack minded seek and destroy types, but if he doesn't have the most solid chin he will need to slightly alter his approach and become a little more responsible in his attack. This may take away from his offensive, but it is all about finding the right balance to be successful at the highest level.

Thurman could definitely trouble him for sure. People are already talking like that fight is a forgone conclusion, but to me he is a clear level up from Peterson, and better than Brook as well. I make Spence a small favourite in that fight.

Comment

He is a ko waiting to happen to me. And it's because he holds his hands too high, and too close to his face...and doesn't move his head. Bud is going to whip his ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
                He is a ko waiting to happen to me. And it's because he holds his hands too high, and too close to his face...and doesn't move his head. Bud is going to whip his ass.
                Damn right. Bud is going to put on a show I want that fight so bad.

Comment

If he had a glass chin, he just wouldn't be here. His defense is not all that and Peterson and Brook have respectable punches and landed enough to check and see what's there. He may not end up being Hagler but he doesn't have glass.

Originally posted by Medinabcheatin View Post
                  Only thang Spence be packin is a BBC witch gocho cuck ass shook... Go wach hocky.
                  lol

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
                    Did we watch the same fight? Spence walked through Peterson's punches. Peterson's punches didn't have any effect whatsoever.
                    This. Dumb ass thread.

Comment

I watched Spence walk through Kell Brook and Peterson shots like nothing.

By walk through I mean literally I witnessed him EAT a hard power shot, walk through it and come back with his own power shots with even more power on them.

I can understand people making the arguement "Well Peterson doesn't really punch too hard" but if you watch the punches themselves you can tell they have some mustard on them. But even then, how about Kell Brook's punches? Now I doubt anyone is naive enough to tell me Brook isn't a puncher.

Comment

Working...
                      X