Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence: I Want 'Some Time' Thurman - He Keeps Making Excuses!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 2 best and biggest fights that the public is demanding and want to see who the best is:
    AJ vs Wilder

Spence vs Crawford

Comment

Thurman needs to fight him. Props to Spence for calling him out, he's becoming one of my favorites and he needs to fight a top guy like Thurman because up till now he was looking great (beside getting outboxed by Brook in the first 6 rounds) but beside the dammaged good in Brook, he had no real opponent.

I got him Koing/Tkoing Thurman, who altrought looking improved against Garcia, don't have a lot to offer beside his speed/athleticism and a good punching power. I see him on his bike as long as the fight lasts, until he gets broken down by Errol. I had him losing to Porter 4-8 or 5-7 and Porter is always smothering his own punches. Errol brings at least as much pressure as Porter, but is bigger, punches much harder, has a great punching technique and has a higher ring IQ than Porter. Plus it seems to me like Thurman is not very tough and doesn't have a very good chin. I would have no problem at all if he proves me wrong because he seems as a great guy and I don't dislike him, but I would bet my house on Spence.
      Last edited by StefanTosic; 01-21-2018, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Strategic1 View Post
        Spence-Thurman doesn't need to be marinaded

They hold titles. They need to unify.

I'm worried with Thurmans remark... "Be patient"...

If Thurman really wanted the fight.. he's say... tuneup and then let's do it end of 2018 if we both win our next fights.
        This! What breaks my heart is that I like Thurman but it seems he took Mayweather's approach and is content with taking the least risk possible.

Comment

People have been calling for Soence-Thurman for over 2 years now. Anyone who is saying to let it keep marinating should stop. You have a title holder in Thurman begging for mandatories against fighters he already beat and fans who will watch the fight no matter what time it happens are arguing that we should wait longer for it because it will be "bigger". Nonsense all around. After Thurman's tune-up, I am not watching another one of his fights unless it is Bud or Spence. Fans have to stop accepting BS fights from these cherry pickers.

Comment

Originally posted by Edward90 View Post
            People have been calling for Soence-Thurman for over 2 years now. Anyone who is saying to let it keep marinating should stop. You have a title holder in Thurman begging for mandatories against fighters he already beat and fans who will watch the fight no matter what time it happens are arguing that we should wait longer for it because it will be "bigger". Nonsense all around. After Thurman's tune-up, I am not watching another one of his fights unless it is Bud or Spence. Fans have to stop accepting BS fights from these cherry pickers.
            I feel the same way. Both of them are top guys in the division but let's not pretend like they are superstars. PPV fights are for the superstars and these guys aren't that yet.

Comment

Originally posted by StefanTosic View Post
              I feel the same way. Both of them are top guys in the division but let's not pretend like they are superstars. PPV fights are for the superstars and these guys aren't that yet.
              I don't even want to talk PPV. LOL. I will never advocate for a fight to be PPV. Put it on regular cable or premium cable. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                Am more of a spence fan than Thurman and pick Spence to beat Thurman, having said that its massively dumb and disappointing to see boxing fan calling duck already. It’s like an ever ending circle of fans doing this era after era. They would never learn. This fight would happen, take a chill pill.
                I don't hear anyone calling Spence out and that includes Thurman but you see it different ?

Comment

Keith Thurman is scared of Spence period

Comment

Originally posted by bronx7 View Post
                    1 more time Thurman beat Porter, Garcia. Top 2 at the time. Surgery rehab. He earned tuneup in May. Then Madatory by his belt Porter. Where is Spence 2019 be realistic
                    It amazes me that a champion is more concerned about giving rematches to 2 fighters he beat already instead of unifying the division and becoming undisputed champion of the division

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                      "I have never seen a champion (Thurman) pursue a mandatory with a guy he already beat (Porter)."

Lol s/o to the guy on YouTube who wrote that
                      Thanks man I wrote that

Comment

Working...
                      X