Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence: I Want 'Some Time' Thurman - He Keeps Making Excuses!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got a feeling after Thurman has his tune up fight and then he mandatory fight his wife will get pregnant and then he will use the birth of his 1st child as another excuse not to fight Spence, so they might not fight till 2020 lol

Comment

Originally posted by dalvecc View Post
      It amazes me that a champion is more concerned about giving rematches to 2 fighters he beat already instead of unifying the division and becoming undisputed champion of the division
      Its hilarious too b/c he has the two belts where the governing body always allows a unification to come before a mandatory. Spence is carrying the only belt where mandatories are strictly enforced (but he doesn't have any body for at least 6- 9 months). Thurman is clowning.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
        Its hilarious too b/c he has the two belts where the governing body always allows a unification to come before a mandatory. Spence is carrying the only belt where mandatories are strictly enforced (but he doesn't have any body for at least 6- 9 months). Thurman is clowning.
        If you really think about it Thurman is just a tune up fight for errol Spence, the real challenger just might be Crawford, but I have Spence winning that fight also

Comment

Originally posted by dalvecc View Post
          If you really think about it Thurman is just a tune up fight for errol Spence, the real challenger just might be Crawford, but I have Spence winning that fight also
          Haha tune up is harsh, but I think he stops him. Crawford well be the big one, but let's see how he adjustments to 147. Crawford will need a minimum of two fights before his team is comfortable taking on Spence. Need a to properly test out the physicality of the division.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
            Haha tune up is harsh, but I think he stops him. Crawford well be the big one, but let's see how he adjustments to 147. Crawford will need a minimum of two fights before his team is comfortable taking on Spence. Need a to properly test out the physicality of the division.
            I agree with you, but Spence vs Crawford is a super fight but Spence vs Canelo is a MEGA FIGHT

Comment

Currently Thurman is the man in the division but Spence is a half a step behind him. After his fight with Jessie he needs to pursue and unify with Spence. Porter rematch does nothing for him at this point ( i know he's the mando) and he may lose that fight to be honest.

Him losing to Spence will not impact his career compared to him losing to Porter or someone else. Look at Danny Garcia, he had all the momentum, name recognition, etc, after the Lucas fight. He could've gotten a Mayweather fight before he retired, but him and his father wanted to create their own lane, legacy, whatever. He could've made millions and a loss would not have impacted his career, but no he ended up losing to Thurman and since then his stock has taken a hit.....Thurman don't be that guy.
              Last edited by javaboxing; 01-21-2018, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Serve up

Thurman is a glorified serve up for Spence. That's why it won't happen until next year. Thurman will want to be paid accordingly for the lost. Spence need to continue raising his stock to force Thurman hand. Crawford is the only guy that possess the type of skills that could possibly give Spence Trouble. We still have to see how he looks at 47.

Comment

Spence is a little overrated. Guy has 2 good wins and now is he a future HOF?

Who knows what will his record look like when he faces many good opponents. Khan and Matthysse have some loses, but they have faced much better opposition.

Comment

Thurman will likely fight a tune up and run to Porter. Porter is also running to him. They are running to each other and away from Spence. Danny Garcia is trying to run to Thurman also but he will be the odd man out. He might just have to outright duck Spence after that Rios tune up. He's getting a tune up out of the way fine but after a tune up your suppose to step up. I don't see that happening!

Comment

Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
                      Just like Floyd, Thurman will go where the money makes sense. Spence is a good fighter and he beat a guy he should beat and that's great but it just doesn't pay the bills. If Thurman takes the fight in 2018 he's a dummy and gives up any shot at Floyd type pay.

Thurman needs to just stay with the Floyd road map.

Spence needs to fight someone in the top 5 in their prime, preferably with a name, one maybe two, and show he can draw.
                      This is NOT AND I REPEAT......NOT A REAL BOXING FAN!!

Comment

Working...
                      X