No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Errol Spence Drops, Beats Down Lamont Peterson For TKO Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by b0x
    Good points. Crawford will be small. I rate him higher in the skill department overall by a fair margin. He looked really good against a big guy in Postol, it's just can he get in and out all night against an a+ fighter in spence, who's punches would land like a 160lber on a crawford who was thrown back a bit by Gamboa?
    Postol is a tall, lanky jr welterweight that doesn’t really hit hard in that division. Spence is a guy that in another era, would be fighting as a middleweight. And he think he has good power in that division. And it’s not even his power. He’s relentless and attacks the body almost mercilessly. And he puts a lot of mental pressure on his opponents because he’s always in the perfect position. And he stays on top of you. He kinda reminds me of GGG. The biggest difference being obviously he’s a southpaw. I think he’s a little quicker than GGG. And he’s a little better defensively. Although he can be hit. Where I think he comes up short in the comparison to GGG is that he doesn’t cut the ring off as well as Gennady. He follows guys around the ring and walks into shots. Where most of the time when GGG gets tagged, it’s mostly due to him being beaten to the punch. That’s the biggest hole in Spence’s game. So I’d be curious to see how he handles guys like Crawford and Thurman that have good lateral movement. Lara would be an interesting test as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pennsauken1 View Post
      I thought so punk, make the trip tough guy
      Shut the **** up punk! Let's see you come to Cali

Comment

• Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
        You are like a village hoe getting fked left and right.

Why are you always getting punked on here? Lol
        Get off my **** *******! You punk ass coward! You a straight b-itch!
        We both know I own you and your my b-itch!
        You ****ing soka!

Comment

• Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
          Spence style is enough to clean out 147 but when he moves up not sure that style will be good can't just walk through everybody
          He didn't just walk through Peterson, though; he kept on balance, was good (not great) with his defense, and was aggressive without really rushing anything.

As long the thump carries up, he's gonna be a problem for everyone at 154 too.

Comment

• The Crawford/Horn fight is going to be EXACTLY like this fight. Horn cuts and swells up easily. Crawford is going to get the win by Horn quitting or the doctors stoping it...
            Last edited by Shadoww702; 01-21-2018, 12:34 AM.

Comment

• I'd take TC's switch hitting to offset the steady rhythm that allows Spence to dictate. People forget the Brook fight was even till 7th round and TC has a slicker style than Brook.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                The Crawford/Horn foght is going to be EXACTLY like this fight. Horn cuts anf swells ul easily. Crawford is going to get the win by Horn quitting or the doctors stoping it...
                Horn is a joke and respresents everything that’s wrong with the belt crazed era we’re currently in. The guy was totally gifted a belt against a washed up legend. And how he’s legitimized because he has a belt. If there’s no BS belt attatched to that fight. There’s ZERO interest in seeing Horn fight against any current top welterweight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                  He didn't just walk through Peterson, though; he kept on balance, was good (not great) with his defense, and was aggressive without really rushing anything.

As long the thump carries up, he's gonna be a problem for everyone at 154 too.
                  You think he’s as successful against guys he can’t physically overwhelm? I made the GGG comparison in another post. Gennady has been less successful against guys he can’t just bulldoze. Jacobs had success against him. And whether you agreed with the decision or not. Canelo was able to stay pretty even with Gennady, even in the second half of the fight when he was pretty spent. Canelo was able to keep GGG off balanced enough to keep the fight close. I think Crawford is too small. But I think a guy like Thurman could keep Spence off balanced. I also think Lara and Andrade could as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrClutch85 View Post
                    Porter could smoother Spence hit and hold make it an ugly fight for 12 rounds
                    That'd be a lot of fire to wade through to simply hold/hit; Porter is tough, but is his father going to really let him weather that storm?

Comment

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
                      Horn is a joke and respresents everything that’s wrong with the belt crazed era we’re currently in. The guy was totally gifted a belt against a washed up legend. And how he’s legitimized because he has a belt. If there’s no BS belt attatched to that fight. There’s ZERO interest in seeing Horn fight against any current top welterweight.
                      Crawford is going to beat him silly. Even an old, faded Pac had Horn looking like he got hit by a mack truck after their fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X