Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Beterbiev Looks Forward To Kovalev Bout, Denies Rejecting Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Superbee View Post
    Even the Hardcores didn't get it with the Koelling fight... That was a textbook technical fight for Artur... Yet he got bashed for not flattening him early...
    Yeap, that is the fight that sold me on him!
    Great fight, patience, ring iq, power.

Great boxer!

Comment

Make it asap imo..Id pay too watch this one.

Comment

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
        "The Russian boxer believes his promotional contract is over, while Michel feels his agreement with Beterbiev is still good for another year or two." How is this possible? Did they spit in their palms and shake on it, or is there an actual written contract? Ridiculous.

Beterbiev is suing GYM for breach of contract... Court hearings were supposedly made in November.... No news since then... EOTT and Top Rank (who made the Koelling fight possible) are still showing a lot of interest for Beterbiev...
        Last edited by Superbee; 01-20-2018, 12:23 AM.

Comment

I am currently favoring Kovalev in this one. Reasons being Kovalev's bigger experience as a pro, better quality of opponents, and Beterbiev's inactivity (in addition to the not insignificant fact that his whiskers have never really been tested... what if Kovalev lands two or three bombs on him?)

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
            I am currently favoring Kovalev in this one. Reasons being Kovalev's bigger experience as a pro, better quality of opponents, and Beterbiev's inactivity (in addition to the not insignificant fact that his whiskers have never really been tested... what if Kovalev lands two or three bombs on him?)
            The opposite is also true... Kovalev never felt anything like Beterbiev's power... He's vulnerable on the inside and that's exactly where Beterbiev is gonna be, pounding him with horrible short range guts crippling shots... I think he breaks him really ... Well, I think he breaks anyone... But that's just me and my biased opinion...
            Last edited by Superbee; 01-20-2018, 12:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Superbee View Post
              The opposite is also true... Kovalev never felt anything like Beterbiev's power... He's vulnerable on the inside and that's exactly where Beterbiev is gonna be, pounding him with horrible short range guts crippling shots... I think he breaks him really ... But that's just me...
              Yea, If Kovalev cant keep him at the end of his jab and at range he is in for a rough night and Im not sure he can. Its one of those fights I cant call, anything could happen in this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
                Yea, If Kovalev cant keep him at the end of his jab and at range he is in for a rough night and Im not sure he can. Its one of those fights I cant call, anything could happen in this fight.
                Agreed, but if you watch some Beterbiev's fights, you'll notice he will take shots to get there... Time after time we hear he has no head movement, but there's a reason for that... The guy can take shots if he has to, and he will to get in his comfort zone... Also despite his opponent he showed no signs of slowing down in his last fight... And 1100 punches thrown...

Anyway that will be a hell of a fight when it happens...

Comment

Yes, guys - it would be a sizzling fight in any case.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    Man, what an awesome fight. I've a feeling there will be a lot of building before it happens because casuals don't know Beterbeiv and this fight deserves a lot of attention. Hope to see it this year though.
                    Two Russians already in their thirties. Building it up anymore is the law of diminishing returns. They need to make it now, and if it's a good fight, the rematch will be bigger, as will other fights in the division involving these two. There was a chance to build this up bigger the last few years, but while Kovalev was busy building his name, Beterbiev was stuck with Haymon and Michel wasting away his career. Now it's too late to build it up anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by eco1 View Post
                      Yeap, that is the fight that sold me on him!
                      Great fight, patience, ring iq, power.

Great boxer!
                      that was not a good performance and he was wide open a lot and failed to cut the ring off a tons of times on a guy who isnt the most fleet of foot or heavy handed...

if yvon michel wins teh case showtime should give him no choice but to put stevenson vs beterbiev on

Comment

Working...
                      X