Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Trainer: Spence is Hardest Puncher I've Seen - Breaks Faces, Ribs!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are you comparing Spence to Canelo who fights at 175/180 clueless here so annoying

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
      He hasn’t accomplished as much yet but he is clearly the better boxer it’s not hard to tell..
      Well I don't buy that. The only way to prove he's a better fighter than Canelo is by proving it in the ring and he just hasn't done that.

Comment

Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
        The real question is why would anyone want to fight Spence at all. Spence brings about a $1.50 to the table and six guys in the seats........there is no money fighting Spence and that's why nobody wants to fight him.

Next question
        This post is completely stupid. None of the WWs put people in the seats by themselves. They have to be matched up together to sell a fight. Not one of them has any box office status right now on their own. Only Brook and Horn can pull large crowds in their respective home countries. Crawford can pull in Omaha (about 9k - 12k tickets sold usually) but not anywhere else. Not one of Haymon's guys is capable of selling north of 10k tickets in any markey by themselves. Thurman, Garcia, and Porter only have put up good attendance numbers when matched up with each other. There's no "cash cow" in this bunch.

So idk what the hell you're talking about. There's no "money" fighters at WW. Spence already beat the guy who could pull the most lucrative gate in that division (Brook in Shefield). We all know why those guys don't want smoke with Spence. Stop being a troll.
        Last edited by Butch.McRae; 01-19-2018, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
          Well I don't buy that. The only way to prove he's a better fighter than Canelo is by proving it in the ring and he just hasn't done that.
          I generally agree but in 12 months we could be having a different conversation on this matter b/c I don't think any of these ccurrent WWs will make it to the final bell against Spence (except Crawford) lol Canelo needs to outclass GGG convincingly imo. I need his quality wins to be more decisive. The only true decisive win he's had in years (against an elite guy, not those B class fighters) was Cotto and Cotto was past it, padding his record with a one legged Martinez and journeyman MWs.

The last time Canelo made me say "wow" was against Mosely. He showed he's gotten better and can outbox GGG. Needs to make that rematch a clear win. Based on his opponents he should be clear #1 p4p right now, but nearly all of his quality wins are subjective (except Cotto).

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
            I generally agree but in 12 months we could be having a different conversation on this matter b/c I don't think any of these ccurrent WWs will make it to the final bell against Spence (except Crawford) lol Canelo needs to outclass GGG convincingly imo. I need his quality wins to be more decisive. The only true decisive win he's had in years (against an elite guy, not those B class fighters) was Cotto and Cotto was past it, padding his record with a one legged Martinez and journeyman MWs.

The last time Canelo made me say "wow" was against Mosely. He showed he's gotten better and can outbox GGG. Needs to make that rematch a clear win. Based on his opponents he should be clear #1 p4p right now, but nearly all of his quality wins are subjective (except Cotto).
            Okay fair enough. I won't dispute anything of what you said.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
              Okay fair enough. I won't dispute anything of what you said.
              But i will add that Thurman has shown some pretty amazing footwork in his last few fights (especially against Porter). So he might be able to go the distance with Spence. He would just need to reduce his punch output and stay on that bike. I could see that happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
                But Spence has inhuman power

come on. He can really crack but that's going too far.

Comment

Originally posted by UliTheDestroyer View Post
                  Too much hype around Spence... he has yet to face any real punchers in the division. And from what I saw in the ams when he lost to Brian castaño... he will fold against volume punching with power... he’ll get tentative... the guy is good... but he’s not proven
                  You don't know **** about boxing lol

Comment

Originally posted by UliTheDestroyer View Post
                    Spence is a bully. He hasn’t been bullied. When he does he will fold. If Peterson had respectable power I’d actually tab him to win. We all know he’s not a defensive genius. His offense is his defense... you neutralize his offense and he’ll freeze up... again I’m not saying he’s bad. He’s good. But there’s talks about him being an all time great and **** and that’s obsurd... too early to tell any of that.
                    Dumbest **** I have ever read lol

Comment

Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
                      Canelo puts Charlos out cold in 5
                      Dude please...he will get his ass beat

Comment

Working...
                      X