Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would a prime Vernon Forrest easily be the undisputed WW champ today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larry$ View Post
    I don't see how, Spence would not be bullied by him and would **** him up to the body
    I think you need to rewatch Mayorga vs Forrest. In no way did Mayorga bully Forrest. Forrest got caught exchanging and was winning most exchanges before the stoppage.

& I think Forrest won their 2nd fight but it was close.

Forrest was 6' with a 73 inch reach and the dude could crack and box, he just chose to exchange.

Comment

I actually think he would yes.
      I don't see anybody at Welterweight that beats him.
      Oddly i think the weakest champion in Horn could pose the biggest threat, styles make fights.

Comment

He is mainly a Mosley beater. Mayorga beat him twice right after he beat Mosley twice and then Mayorga lost to Spinks. He was never a champion or did anything special before he beat Mosley and then he lost twice to mediocre Mayorga and did nothing special after losing to Mayorga. I think Crawford and Spence both beat him and I would favor Thurman slightly to beat him.He is on about the same level as Danny Garcia and Porter in my opinion. He was a decent welterweight champion but nothing special. If he is special then Mayorga is extra special.

Comment

I’m not so sure about that.

Comment

Not easily. He may hold a strap though.

Comment

Working...
            X