Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sanchez: Canelo Knew if He Stopped - Golovkin Would KO Him!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    Many times Canelo stopped, whether on the ropes or in the middle of the ring. And GGG couldn’t land anything significant apart from the jab. I think GGG and his team need to work on setting traps by using variety of punches.
    What punches? Golovkin stalks forward, can work a jab if needed, and only throws his punches when he can fire from mid-range.

You can't learn to inside fight in one camp, so Golovkin's basically got what he's got to work with.

Comment

stupid ass comment from Sanchez. You're supposed to have a strategy and be able to stop a fighter that is circling around the ring, especially one that gasses constantly

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
        What punches? Golovkin stalks forward, can work a jab if needed, and only throws his punches when he can fire from mid-range.

You can't learn to inside fight in one camp, so Golovkin's basically got what he's got to work with.
        So for all that hype GGG has nothing but a jab to work with?

Comment

Originally posted by Abel Sanchez

criticized the style of Canelo, who used an elusive strategy.....

if you face a defensive style, it will be difficult to demonstrate what you still have.....

wtf.......

Comment

Originally posted by TheUntouchable View Post
            It's quite the opposite, stamina is something you don't just have, it's something you have to work hard to get. Consistency is king here, nobody is born with great stamina. Nobody.

I agree with both of you

everybody is different, and some fighters struggle in certain area's more than others..... for different reasons..... I could see that they can still make improvements, even just a little

I like your point about consistency

fighting twice a year is not enough

guys used to be much busier, even in the 15-round era

but yea, Sanchez is a twat-burger with mustachio sauce

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
              Canelo stood his ground plenty in the first fight and rocked Golovkin ; Gennady's defense was embarrassing at this level - it was so bad that Billy Joe got the courage to call him out!

Comment

Originally posted by vaynardevil View Post
                sanchez....why u blame canelo about his style
                it;s ur job as coach to give advice how to anticipate canelo's style
                if golovkin fight the same way, i think canelo will win decision this time
                Didn't Abel Sanchez.say that he trains GGG the same for every fight? I need to find the video, I think he said something along those lines. If I am correct, that's bad news for GGG. GGG fan here, but I agree with your post.

Comment

Originally posted by vaynardevil View Post
                  sanchez....why u blame canelo about his style
                  it;s ur job as coach to give advice how to anticipate canelo's style
                  if golovkin fight the same way, i think canelo will win decision this time

exactly !

I told everyone they were avoiding the mover/spoilers

which is why the " he old doe " excuse is nonsense

even after the Brook fight, nobody made that excuse

suddenly, Jacobs can control distance, and Canelo can prove to be "elusive"..... so everybody starts calling Golovkin an old age pensioner

Sanchez admitted that Golovkin is not slipping, his opponents are getting better

and I even got Sanchez on a Seckback video admitting that Golovkin is not the same fighter if his opponent does not stand in front of him

but..... " he old doe ".....

boxing is all about matchmaking, and matchmaking is all about styles..... and it has always been that way since..... forever

the excuses that they gave to avoid more notable, but more elusive, opponents..... were a collection of silliness..... which was the obvious red flag

Comment

Originally posted by millcitymauler View Post
                    This pathetic stuff coming from Sanchez here. “If only he just stopped so Golovkin could hit him”. Oh, really??
                    that is what Pac said after the Mayweather fight lol

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                      Gabe Rosado did well when he moved on Golovkin (note that there is a difference between move and run), Willie Monroe Jr did well when he moved on Golovkin, Kell Brook was winning the fight when he moved on Golovkin, Daniel Jacobs was winning when he moved on Golovkin, and Alvarez was winning when he moved on Golovkin.

Rather than any fear of the man, Abel Sanchez seems to know that Golovkin doesn't have the style to negate good movement (which is likely why they said he'll no to fighting Saunders in Kazakhstan).

smart post

it has always been about styles

Comment

Working...
                      X