Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do ya'll consider a failure in boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
    People don’t understand boxing. The average person just thinks about a few things when they bring it up. Pain, punching people in the face, brain damage, Ouch.... that kinda stuff.

They don’t understand the sweet science of it. The heart, the blood sweat and tears it takes to be a fighter. The training, the humility, the sweet feeling of having your arm raised... having the nay-sayers all of a sudden ask “How did you do it?” instead of “Why are you doing it?”... any of it...

Calling someone the next “Adrian Broner” is obviously a little embarrassing. Calling someone the next anything I don’t like at all. Do your best to be you.
    So true, I remember giving a kid his first sparing match, and the look on his face when I hit him with a body jab (which was my first punch) his eyes just burst open like "I have to guard my midsection too????" Like he just expected boxing to be head shots with the occasional shot to the ribs during a clench lol

Comment

If a fighter you dislike loses, you rub it in and enjoy it larry. You brag that you knew they'd lose to the one you placed your chips on.

You've done it too & nobody would watch sports if it wasn't allowed.

Stop acting like the whole forum of 100,000 or whatever members is one, single hypocritical guy.

We won't know which boxers are "failures at life" until they're retired & stay out of a jail cell/hold their family together/etc, but when can still laugh when someone gets dropped in the ring. You're virtue signalling.
      Last edited by ////; 01-17-2018, 11:41 AM.

Comment

pssssssh who cares. lmfao you fools are cry baby ass bitchies.

calling someone broner 2.0 is a RELATIVE insult not an absolute insult. calling davis a broner 2.0 is just insulting him in the sense that he will crap out when he shots his shot at the top level, calling Rau'shee Warren a broner 2.0 will be a compliment to that fucking bum.

Comment

I respect all boxers and only insult a few boxers who disrespect other boxers. Actually some of the best and most successful boxers get trashed and called names on here far more than guys like Berto. Who gets trashed and called insulting names on here more than GGG and Loma who are two of the best and most successful boxers in the world?

Comment

[QUOTE=Bjl12;18413662]
            Originally posted by john l View Post
            guys just get so heart broke after the next KO king gets outboxed/outthought.T/QUOTE]

Margarito, pac, Kovy, MarGGGarito - yeah, those "fans" abandon ship once the KOs stop
            Yea this place is filled with fanboys I mean I can just see their room in moms house with the pics over all the walls lol.At least there is some REAL fans on here but cant believe all the guys who could care less about heath of sport just their man-crush.Or maybe just crush

Comment

Originally posted by infamous larryx View Post
              Calling someone THE NEXT BRONER, BERTO OR JUDAH. HOW THE HELL IS THAT AN INSULT?????

Comment

Nothing I rib a few boxers on here but in jest, I respect all of them having boxed at amateur level which was tough enough let alone getting hit by a prime professional. Anyone who jumps in that ring isn't a failure in my eyes takes some gonads its the promoters & greedy bastard vultures in that circle that are often a failure to the boxer I think mayweather the only boxer whose truly grasped the concept and be able to do something about it.

Comment

Charlie Zelenoff

Comment

Easy

Quiting on your stool in a big fight the damage you do to yourself with the industry and especially the fans is hard to recover if ever !!! That is injured free , no mas no good !!

Comment

well, money matteres when it is netted, not grossed. if you get your brains pummled and you end up broke you've got to consider that a failure in the context of boxing for money, your family, and a career.

egacy does last forever. berto, judah, these are not bad fighter at all , really. typically only lost to good fighters or even great fighters. nothing at all wrong with their careers.

that said, zab still works a day job. he's a nurse. he might need the monye. if he's ejoying it and it keeps him busy that's great. but if he's doing it because he wasted his money on dumb ****, hangers on, etc, it can be looked at as a failure to be responsible with the literal millions you made boxing.

Comment

Working...
                      X