No announcement yet.

Not having sex before a fight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
    I've heard that boxers try not to have sex before a fight so they're at their best. Is this true? Does sex before a fight have any effect on a boxer's performance?
    Doubt that it needs to be for months before a fight, but have you ever had a really good orgasm and then tried to do anything physical afterwards?

Didn't really believe the story until years ago; was in the gym, working out (chest day) and had a really good workout; a few days after, had a good time with this chick I met after a club night, and had a chest workout the next day.

Muscle fatigue/endurance went to ****, and the actual lift numbers came down (5%-10%).

Didn't note in on that instance, but in other instances it's basically taken 8-10 days to go from that fatigue feeling to feeling at your testosterone max again (no idea what is actually physiologically happening, but the aggression is at a good point, and the body maxes out on the lifts).

I'd imagine that all athletes at the elite level have that bit of difference, but that's my guess

Comment

Jack off and then try to go to the gym and lift weights
      jaded jaded likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by larry$ View Post
        Jack off and then try to go to the gym and lift weights
        That's what I'm saying. It just makes it harder

Comment

Originally posted by Steven Mccowan View Post
          Cus d amato didnt believe sex would hurt a fighter. He thought is was more about the going out late and hanging around partying and trying to pick up girls that was draining
          Yeah, but he thought consent was quite important.

Comment

Originally posted by sugar ray lenrd View Post
            Here is my personal experience. I have always respected this rule cause this is what was told to me by my trainer who was taught that by his trainer. For my last professional fight I was training hard like i always did. But this time i was breaking this rule. So i can say I was doing it like 3x a week. The funny thing was that i was excelling in the gym sparring with good opposition, i was kicking ass & almost untouchable. I was so loose, that i thought to myself, DAMN i'm feeling freaking awesome, this sex thing must be a myth. Well on the day of the fight i was feeling amazing! The bell rings for the 1st round (I was fighting a southpaw), well I was moving & slipping punches perfectly until I got hit with a left cross...KAAABOOOOM!!! All of a sudden, My legs became soooo heavy like cement. I couldn't do any lateral movement & I literally threw out my fight plan (that we worked so hard to achieved) & had to settle for a brawl for it all. The results was a split decision lost. My fans all swore that i did well, but deep down inside I felt terrible & accepted my defeat No excuses it's part of boxing, the one that is more discipline is the one that will succeed 9/10 times. So to make a long story short... don't do it, stay focus & discipline
            thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
              I've heard that boxers try not to have sex before a fight so they're at their best. Is this true? Does sex before a fight have any effect on a boxer's performance?
              If you pound for a minute no if you're a stud and do all nighters than yes

Comment

Why I don't see the point of abandoning all this before the battle - live as before, it did not bother anyone. There is even an article on this topic!

Comment

Look up sexual sublimation. If freemasons see benefit in it, I do too.

Comment

Don't do it, if you wanna have stamina.

Comment

Women are a distraction, especially for weak minded guys.

If you are controlled by pu$$y then you are a total beta.

Comment

Working...
                      X