No announcement yet.

Will Fury be ready for April?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    No, he won't be. But, he needs to do it anyway because time's a wastin. He will do what all these guys do after they abuse their bodies and have a terrible tune up, blame it on ring rust, and promise to come back better. It's what he does after this that really matters. If he's ready to cash out, he goes straight into a title fight. If he's a serious boxer again, he takes another tune up.
    like the last 10 or so Ali fights? lmao

EDIT - (Im probably going to be negged to hell for that comment, but Ali was a shell of himself after Frazier III and was gifted a lot of wins. I still think that Norton won all three of those fights)

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
      Lineal has no sanctioning body. It's simply the Ric Flair of titles (the man who beat the man)

Holyfield was lineal twice IIRC, and he was roided to the gills.

So even if The Ring "Strips" Fury of that "title" they are just taking the belt, he can still claim it until he retires or he loses. There have been lineal champs who have had no alphabet titles titles at all (Shannon Briggs and Michael Spinks come to mind)
      He can claim whatever he wants. I'm just questioning how anyone else can consider a guy that recently got a ban for steroid use and hasn't fought for two years the lineal champ.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
        He can claim whatever he wants. I'm just questioning how anyone else can consider a guy that recently got a ban for steroid use and hasn't fought for two years the lineal champ.
        because he beat the man who beat the man. I just said that.

You don't have to consider him anything, but I'm telling you why he IS considered that, and why he IS claiming that.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
          Lineal has no sanctioning body. It's simply the Ric Flair of titles (the man who beat the man)

Holyfield was lineal twice IIRC, and he was roided to the gills.

So even if The Ring "Strips" Fury of that "title" they are just taking the belt, he can still claim it until he retires or he loses. There have been lineal champs who have had no alphabet titles titles at all (Shannon Briggs and Michael Spinks come to mind)
          Only issue is who is "the man"? Lennox Lewis was the man, and walked away from the sport.

Things were thrown into flux, but eventually settled out with the Klitschko Brothers being "the man" (if they ever actually fought, I'd be willing to bet that Vitali would've been the heavy favorite to beat Wladimir).

Vitali retires to go and save his country, devolving the 'Klitschko Brothers' being the man to one Klitschko brother being called the man (from the start of 2014 on, Klitschko could've sealed things with getting the WBC belt, but didn't).

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
            Only issue is who is "the man"? Lennox Lewis was the man, and walked away from the sport.

Things were thrown into flux, but eventually settled out with the Klitschko Brothers being "the man" (if they ever actually fought, I'd be willing to bet that Vitali would've been the heavy favorite to beat Wladimir).

Vitali retires to go and save his country, devolving the 'Klitschko Brothers' being the man to one Klitschko brother being called the man (from the start of 2014 on, Klitschko could've sealed things with getting the WBC belt, but didn't).
            occasionally "the man" retires and the lineal is up in the air. It's why Ali/Frazier I had so much hype, both had legit claims to the lineal championship. I have no real idea how they decide who the lineal is upon retirement these days with all the alphabet titles TBH, but there have been a few lineals to retire (Louis, Marciano, Lewis) the first two were back when there was only one world title, so it was far less confusing than Klitschko vs Chagaev for a vacant lineal title (maybe just the #1 and #2 Ring ranked fight off in that situation? I don't know, I really don't remember Chagaev being ranked that high...)

The reason I hated the Klitschko era though was because we never had that #1 vs #2 match. They were just content with each of them having half the belts. I can't blame them, just ****** as a fan lol

Comment

I think a lot of people forget, or are ignorant, to how talented a fighter Tyson Fury is.

Comment

Originally posted by White Willie View Post
                I think a lot of people forget, or are ignorant, to how talented a fighter Tyson Fury is.
                Completely agree, regardless of how much people try to hate on it, or try to twist it as “running” and “boring”. His win over Wlad was one of the best HW wins in well over a decade.

Comment

Hard to blame them. He's had one big win in a decade and hasn't fought since.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                    Completely agree, regardless of how much people try to hate on it, or try to twist it as “running” and “boring”. His win over Wlad was one of the best HW wins in well over a decade.
                    People go on and on about how poor the standard is in modern day Heavyweight boxing. The same morons talk about how hard Tyson Fury will find it to come back. Tyson can probably beat a top 10-20 ranked Heavyweight with ease right off the bat. Look at the level of opposition other "top" Heavies are facing. Daniel Martz? Bermane Stiverne? Even someone like Fres Oquendo or Shannon Briggs will get Tyson a high ranking.

Comment

People go on and on about how poor the standard is in modern day Heavyweight boxing. The same morons talk about how hard Tyson Fury will find it to come back. Tyson can probably beat a top 10-20 ranked Heavyweight with ease right off the bat. Look at the level of opposition other "top" Heavies are facing. Daniel Martz? Bermane Stiverne? Even someone like Fres Oquendo or Shannon Briggs will get Tyson a high ranking.
                      Very true. I’ve always said the Fury that played with Wlad out in Germany, plays with Wilder and AJ in the same manner. The modern day HW division is very poor IMO, but Fury is one of the few fighters in it with legitimate skills as opposed to just being an good athlete with power. Even this fat ass out of shape version of Fury would beat bums like Whyte, Browne, Bellew etc who are viewed as contender’s nowadays.
                      I am worried he may have done a lot of damage to his body in his spell of inactivity, I’m skeptical he ever reaches the same level he did in Düsseldorf.

Comment

Working...
                      X