Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Duva: Kovalev 'Disappointed' Barrera Turned Down March 3 Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by My Low Place View Post
    dont talk to much sense here...u'll get hella backlash...

kov's best win is a shot pascal or 50 year old bhop...and he couldnt stop chilemba...exactly wat has he done to be labeled the "eternal" best 175lber....damn i told you to talk with logic and now i did...we're both in trouble soon
    Arguably outbox the #1 p4p in their first fight... dominate the entire division for a few years...

Comment

wat time prime opponent has he ever beaten?
      he was the top dog who unified the division and as this article shows he's one of the most ducked fighters..only ward an ATG stepped up..and he couldn't beat him non controversially

Comment

Krusher knows he would have beaten Barrera and he also knows Bivol will beat Barrera. Could have been a nice scalp but that ship has sailed.

Comment

When asked if she was surprised Barrera (21-1, 14 KOs) picked the emerging Bivol over Kovalev, Duva told BoxingScene.com, “Yes and no. At first I thought he would [fight Kovalev] because he seemed very anxious to fight Sergey. But in the end, he and his team made a decision that they would prefer to try and win this fight, and then be in a stronger bargaining position for the next one.
          Last edited by j.razor; 01-09-2018, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuavale View Post
            Krusher knows he would have beaten Barrera and he also knows Bivol will beat Barrera. Could have been a nice scalp but that ship has sailed.
            Brusher don't know ****. Barrera beat Bivol.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
              Arguably outbox the #1 p4p in their first fight... dominate the entire division for a few years...
              ward was p4p #1? lol how bc he beat barrera and some commercial list said so?...hey but even if i let you have this point u cant deny the next one...just my opinion ward is one of the dirtiest and most overrated fights of this era..im not impressed with any of his performances.

he ducked the lineal champion in a purse bid..so that is one guy he didnt dominate. Instead he actually ran from him. he has a 50 year old bhop, a pascal who hadnt did anything and still hasnt as of late, cleverly. and chilemba as his only top 10 wins in the division..how is that domination?

stevenson is te king of the division..lineal champ. and he has 6 top ten wins and the fact that kovalev, bhop, and pascal ducked him isnt something im just going to forget about ...kovalev andpascal were both his mandatory and elected not to fight him ducked him isnt something im just going to forget about

badou jack is better than anyone kov has fought and he's way more active/less dirty that ward..

Comment

Originally posted by Andre_parker1 View Post
                he was the top dog who unified the division and as this article shows he's one of the most ducked fighters..only ward an ATG stepped up..and he couldn't beat him non controversially
                he unified the division vs a 50 year old...he didnt eve stop him for crying out loud..

the guy who beat that 50 year old got ko'd in one punch by the linel champion...

kov is one of the most ducked fighters?? lol 2 words for you "purse bid"

WARD is in shambles he just retired to duck the whole division..stop acting like kovalev struggling with him is a great thing..ward couldnt stop brand...stuggled with barrera, bot wobbled vs paul smith...dont give me names..GIVE ME REALITY!

KOV got teh majority push and now everyone accepts teh commercial bs behind him..but honestly wat tf was pascal doing before or after their fight?

Comment

Are you the same lowplace as the one on youtube who has Stevenson p4p #1 ??

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
                    Lol bs. This is just Duva trying to save face. She can’t afford to pay two high profile fighters. So she can just match Kovalev against any c level fighter and make 10times the money. His last 2 opponents let me know that Kovalev and his team or Duva wanted some tuneups b4 Kov start fighting top competition again after the whole quitting debacle
                    ??? Im sure between tickets sales and HBO they could afford to pay both boxers.

Comment

dont talk to much sense here...u'll get hella backlash...

kov's best win is a shot pascal or 50 year old bhop...and he couldnt stop chilemba...exactly wat has he done to be labeled the "eternal" best 175lber....damn i told you to talk with logic and now i did...we're both in trouble soon
                      Most felt Kov beat Ward in their 1st fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X