No announcement yet.

Dumb argument that boxing fans love to make

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wlad1111 View Post
    Let me preface by saying that this does not apply to all boxing fans.

I am was all cool with fighter X but his fans are insane. Because of his fans I don't like the fighter anymore. This makes zero logical sense. Think about applying this logic to some other situations. I used to love steak from " Madison Steak House" but people on yelp people keep saying its the best steak humanity has managed to grill so far. Now I don't like it because people are over hyping it. I don't know about you but as long as that hype did not raise the prices on those steaks to crazy levels I am still gonna eat them. What people say about fighters doesn't in any way change the reality of how good a fighter is and his style. Sure it might influence the fighter but this is not what I am talking about here.
    Conclusion If you dislike a fighter because of his fans you are not an objective boxing fan who appreciates boxers for what they do in the ring. You are an emotional fan just like all the fanboys.
    Your logic was cut short, let me try and complete it.

If they say that steak has honey, that is why it's the best while others without honey are plain ****. Whereas none of those steaks has honey it in, then you can start getting disgusted with constantly hearing about that. "Oh, don't it taste nice, can't you taste the honey? Now you see why *insert name* is bitter and badly cooked".

You like the steak before, you just didn't think it was amazing. Now you are completely tired of eating it cuz people wont let you eat in peace. Now you start tasting the negatives in it, " well....the one I ate yesterday was not properly done" and they reply you with "nah, you didn't eat from there, you ate from *insert name again*". Tell me if you won't dump that steak in anger. Another man telling you the steak you know where you bought from is not from there.

To make matters worse, a new steak house opens up right next door - amazing steak but those same crew pop up and **** all over it, tell you how poor your taste buds are. Yes man, you will stop eating that steak.

Multiply that for a couple of years. Lies after lies after lies or do I say delusional statements. That will make any man start seeing the faults - lack of spice, too dry, not enough onions... Things you didn't care about before. Now you do care... Alot!

Want another example? Look at fans of Apple phones arguing with Android fans about specs. It's not nice if it's not on iPhone and once it's on an iPhone then it's the greatest invention ever even though it's already existed for years already on other smartphones.

Comment

Are we talking about steak or boxing? Anyways people need to leave out their nationality bias from boxing. It makes boxing so much interesting for you when you do that. Perfect example Wilder American support on here, I don’t mind it, doesn’t bother me. But when you look at his resume and behaviour and then you try to criticise others who are in the same division as him and have equal or done better than him in a shorter space of time.... then you lose any credibility as a boxing fan.

It’s ok to be patriotic I get that but don’t let that blind you, for example as a Brit I could see that Kell Brook has talent but he never did much with that talent at 147, did I call him out on it? You bet I did, did I see him beating Spence? Nope, did I want him to win? Of course, but I knew he would lose the bout because he too the least path of resistance through his career. Even when my fellow countrymen verbal abuse me on here I stuck to my boxing beliefs not the patriotic side of me.

So don’t let your nationality or patriotic heart rule your head. Call a spade a spade, that doesn’t mean you want that person to lose or get KO, it just means you are a really fan of the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by wlad1111 View Post
        Conclusion If you dislike a fighter because of his fans you are not an objective boxing fan who appreciates boxers for what they do in the ring. You are an emotional fan just like all the fanboys.
        True. Also, by this logic you can dislike pretty much any successful fighter because pretty much all successful fighters have (annoying) fans.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
          they say this cause they cant be honest and say they dont like the fighters skin colour
          And you are abso****inglutely more guilty of this than any other poster on NSB!

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
            Are we talking about steak or boxing? Anyways people need to leave out their nationality bias from boxing. It makes boxing so much interesting for you when you do that. Perfect example Wilder American support on here, I don’t mind it, doesn’t bother me. But when you look at his resume and behaviour and then you try to criticise others who are in the same division as him and have equal or done better than him in a shorter space of time.... then you lose any credibility as a boxing fan.

It’s ok to be patriotic I get that but don’t let that blind you, for example as a Brit I could see that Kell Brook has talent but he never did much with that talent at 147, did I call him out on it? You bet I did, did I see him beating Spence? Nope, did I want him to win? Of course, but I knew he would lose the bout because he too the least path of resistance through his career. Even when my fellow countrymen verbal abuse me on here I stuck to my boxing beliefs not the patriotic side of me.

So don’t let your nationality or patriotic heart rule your head. Call a spade a spade, that doesn’t mean you want that person to lose or get KO, it just means you are a really fan of the sport.
            This This and only This. It's human nature to cheer for your own people. Yes i know we're all human. So all of you guys are my people. You just so happen to cheer on those that you relate too more. It's hard to root against them. It's a subconscious thing. It takes growing up and maturity. Like how I feel Loma is pfp #1 and would beat Crawford if they were the same size. Since Crawford is more like me it's hard to root against him, but I can. It really is hard but you get to a point where you see no color or nation.

Comment

Originally posted by niceyboo3 View Post
              This This and only This. It's human nature to cheer for your own people. Yes i know we're all human. So all of you guys are my people. You just so happen to cheer on those that you relate too more. It's hard to root against them. It's a subconscious thing. It takes growing up and maturity. Like how I feel Loma is pfp #1 and would beat Crawford if they were the same size. Since Crawford is more like me it's hard to root against him, but I can. It really is hard but you get to a point where you see no color or nation.
              Well said...

Comment

Don't see that many Canadians clinging to lemieux or Stevenson's balls. I enjoy lemieux fights usually but he ain't in my top 20 and Stevenson ain't in top 100

Comment

Try and say mayweather was ducking pacquiao when there's more evidence that proves its the other way around.

Comment

Boxingscene is tough because people will create legit account to talk boxing occasionally, an then...

They will not be aware of the "ALT" epidemic on here and then get sour taste in their mouth due to the insanity of some of the alts statements on here. The threads often are repetitive alting for attention

A lot of the threads dedicated to single boxers are often trolling i've noticed. People that talk about contracts, fighters camps, and gossip are often alts as well.

Comment

Originally posted by LalinPromotions View Post
                      Punking fans with double standards and holding fighters accountable for their statements or contradictions is what makes this website luxurious. It coidl have something I'm to do with the fighters too. The best fans are those who don't like their fighters criticized yet they love to criticize other fighters and call them cowards.

Somehow in the global world of boxing there's a consistency with Eastern European fighters.
                      I know your threads and posts well enough to know you don't like GGG, Kovalev,Loma and Pacquiao and you don't like their fans. You love Ward, Canelo, Mayweather and Rigo and as far as you are concerned their fans can do no wrong. You are as simple as that. You don't dislike boxers because of their fans. You dislike fans who stick up for boxers you don't like.

Comment

Working...
                      X