European Style of Boxing - Pros and Cons

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• European Style of Boxing - Pros and Cons

Comment

The only thing about the Euro style that bothers me is they don't load up on their punches when they need to. I feel like a lot have to be taught when to turn up the heat after an opponent is hurt.

Loma against Saildo and gary russel was not sitting on his punches the way he is now. If he can continue to increase his technique and power he will be truly scary to fight.

I also don't really like the arthur abraham super high guard, constantyl. I feel like it makes punches predictable and leaves the fighter open at times. IF you can move your feet, there is NO reason to have a guard up blocking your eyes the whole fight. I think blocking is necessary but i see the guard up hampering fighters athleticism

Comment

It's like euros, aside from the eastern euros. Never really box to hurt their opponent

Comment

Euro style is comepletly different than the Soviet style, euro bums come from England, Germany, France, ect.
          Champions come from the Soviet regime.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
              It's like euros, aside from the eastern euros. Never really box to hurt their opponent
              Hatton, Eubank, Benn, Bruno, Joshua, Froch, Groves, the entire Smith family, Haye, young Khan, Frampton, Hamed and many others all say hi

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                Hatton, Eubank, Benn, Bruno, Joshua, Froch, Groves, the entire Smith family, Haye, young Khan, Frampton, Hamed and many others all say hi

There are exceptions. BUt across the board I find Euros aren't taught to go after their opponents so much as americans who really go for the kill.

I think both have advantages. But euros train for 12 rounds

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
                  Euro style is comepletly different than the Soviet style, euro bums come from England, Germany, France, ect.
                  Champions come from the Soviet regime.
                  Other than ggg what great champ from east euro

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
                    There are exceptions. BUt across the board I find Euros aren't taught to go after their opponents so much as americans who really go for the kill.

I think both have advantages. But euros train for 12 rounds
                    Exceptions? They are the some of the best fighters from Europe that aren't eastern euro, most of them are better than their eastern euro counterparts in fact.

Hamed, Eubank, Benn, Froch are some of the best to lace em up in the last 30 years.

Counteract that with Hopkins, Jones, May, Winky and nowadays the likes of Thurman, Porter, at times TC, DA et al who hardly go after opponents. Cmon man, dont be stupid.

Comment

Working...
                    X