No announcement yet.

Can someone explain to aboutfkntime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Morrie ATG View Post
    Well you do need to learn about boxing. Are you feeling better today? You cried yesterday about amateur weights vs professional weigh ins.
    You're not worth my time

Comment

• Anyone care to answer this one?

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
      You say no one questioned the middleweight range. So tell me,

What is the middleweight range?

Comment

• Originally posted by Vadrigar. View Post
        LMFAO
        Answer it. Is it not a catchweight then? If so, why not?

Comment

Don’t overcomplicate what a catchweight is. A catchweight is simply a solution for fighters being of different weight classes.

When Figueroa Jr. vs DeMarco happened, they fought above 147 Welter. Wasn’t that a “catch”? It was a fight as you mentioned, a contract between both fighters, because it was just a filler fight for PBC, and we all know boh fighters were never known to have fought above 147.
          Why did Figueroa then weigh-in at 11 pounds over the limit?
          11 pounds.
          11 pounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by icha View Post
            so he outgrew 154, but still won a title there, interesting...
            What was interesting about Canelo/Smith was that Canelo didn't have to do any PED tests whatsoever during his camp.

Smith didn't have to do the VADA tests because he was already being tested by UKAD. Canelo used that as excuse to be exempt from VADA too.

So Smith was tested by UKAD, and Canelo wasn't tested by anybody.

Comment

• Originally posted by stealthradon View Post
              Why did Figueroa then weigh-in at 11 pounds over the limit?
              11 pounds.
              11 pounds.
              over what limit? Their fight was contracted at 151lbs. You’re saying Demarco and Figueroa signed this fight at 140lbs?

Lay off the crack and read articles at least.

Comment

over what limit? Their fight was contracted at 151lbs. You’re saying Demarco and Figueroa signed this fight at 140lbs?

Lay off the crack and read articles at least.
                No idiot. The limit was 140.
                What was originally scheduled to be a fight fought at 140 pounds was later renegotiated to a “who knows what” weight class. This confusion started at the official weigh in when DeMarco stepped onto the scale weighing in at 149 pounds. Most members of the media just assumed he couldn’t make weight. Next thing you know, Figueroa stepped on the scale and weighed 151 pounds. This started a frenzy of journalist and photographers looking through the press kits, wondering what the hell was going on. The word around the rumor mill was that both camps agreed to be over the limit of 140. It’s assumed that Figueroa paid DeMarco some amount of money for being 11 pounds overweight.
                Unbeaten Omar Figueroa Jr. resumes his pursuit of a 140-pound world title against Antonio DeMarco in a battle of former 135-pound champions
                https://www.facebook.com/events/1160896490606732/

Bout was originally set for 140 lbs, but was re-contracted

Comment

• Originally posted by stealthradon View Post
                  What is your point? Lol. I told you DeMarco and Figueroa Jr. were never known as Welterweights or SuperWelterweights. If they agreed to a new regoniated weight, both over 147, what’s your point? What is your point to the thread? I told you DeMarco nor Figueroa Jr. had an advantage over the other because they fought at lower weights.

Learn the essence of catchweights you nunce

Comment

What is your point? Lol. I told you DeMarco and Figueroa Jr. were never known as Welterweights or SuperWelterweights. If they agreed to a new regoniated weight, both over 147, what’s your point? What is your point to the thread? I told you DeMarco nor Figueroa Jr. had an advantage over the other because they fought at lower weights.

Learn the essence of catchweights you nunce
                    Catchweight for fatties who can't actually do the weight they want to have the belt in.

Comment

• Originally posted by considerthis View Post
                      Any jmw who rehydrates up to 174lbs has outgrown the division. There's no way someone can cut so much and perform optimally. That extra lb wasn't for nothing. People wanna make out like Canelo weight was "just cuz" and are in denial about the fact that making 154 was becoming too taxing for him. In the rest of the boxing world, fighters just move to the next damn weight class when that happens.
                      did i missed that rule somehow ???

Comment

Working...
                      X