No announcement yet.

Can someone explain to aboutfkntime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
    You can weigh 147lbs and fight in the middle win division.

160lbs is the limit

Having a limit of 155lbs, does not make it the middleweight division.
    Yeah it has to.They are fighting over the JM limit.
    Taken from BoxRec
    The currently-recognized weights for professional male boxers, listed in maximum allowable weight for each division/class/category, as defined by these four major sanctioning bodies, are:
    Division/Class
    Stone kg Pounds
    Minimumweight (WBC/WBA/IBF)
    Mini Flyweight (WBO) 7½ st 47,627 kg 105 lbs
    Light Flyweight
    Junior Flyweight 7st 10 lbs 48,988 kg 108 lbs
    Flyweight (All four) 8 st 50,802 kg 112 lbs
    Super Flyweight
    Jr Bantamweight 8 st 3 lbs 52,163 kg 115 lbs
    Bantamweight 8 st 6 lbs 53,525 kg 118 lbs
    Super Bantamweight
    Jr Featherweight 8 st 10 lbs 55,225 kg 122 lbs
    Featherweight 9 st 57,153 kg 126 lbs
    Super Featherweight
    Jr Lightweight 9 st 4 lbs 58,967 kg 130 lbs
    Lightweight 9 st 9 lbs 61,235 kg 135 lbs
    Super Lightweight
    Jr Welterweight 10 st 63,503 kg 140 lbs
    Welterweight 10½ st 66,678 kg 147 lbs
    Super Welterweight
    Jr Middleweight 11 st 69,85 kg 154 lbs
    Middleweight 11 st 6 lbs 72,574 kg 160 lbs
    Super Middleweight 12 st 76,203 kg 168 lbs
    Light Heavyweight 12½ st 79,378 kg 175 lbs
    Cruiserweight
    Jr Heavyweight 14 st 4 lbs 90,892 kg 200 lbs
    Heavyweight > 14 st 4 lbs > 90,892 kg > 200 lbs
    Division/Class
    Stone kg Pounds
    Minimumweight (WBC/WBA/IBF)
    Mini Flyweight (WBO) 7½ st 47,627 kg 105 lbs
    Light Flyweight
    Junior Flyweight 7st 10 lbs 48,988 kg 108 lbs
    Flyweight (All four) 8 st 50,802 kg 112 lbs
    Super Flyweight
    Jr Bantamweight 8 st 3 lbs 52,163 kg 115 lbs
    Bantamweight 8 st 6 lbs 53,525 kg 118 lbs
    Super Bantamweight
    Jr Featherweight 8 st 10 lbs 55,225 kg 122 lbs
    Featherweight 9 st 57,153 kg 126 lbs
    Super Featherweight
    Jr Lightweight 9 st 4 lbs 58,967 kg 130 lbs
    Lightweight 9 st 9 lbs 61,235 kg 135 lbs
    Super Lightweight
    Jr Welterweight 10 st 63,503 kg 140 lbs
    Welterweight 10½ st 66,678 kg 147 lbs
    Super Welterweight
    Jr Middleweight 11 st 69,85 kg 154 lbs
    Middleweight 11 st 6 lbs 72,574 kg 160 lbs
    Super Middleweight 12 st 76,203 kg 168 lbs
    Light Heavyweight 12½ st 79,378 kg 175 lbs
    Cruiserweight
    Jr Heavyweight 14 st 4 lbs 90,892 kg 200 lbs
    Heavyweight > 14 st 4 lbs > 90,892 kg > 200 lbs

So a dispensation by a sanctioning body is contrary to the general agreement they all signed on to. Multiple dispensations for a boxer to fight above his weight class makes him a member of the weight class above him in any rational person's mind.
    Last edited by TonyGe; 01-05-2018, 09:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
      GTFOH b1tch !!

Golovkin offered to DEFEND against Brook at cw
      Golovkin offered to DEFEND against Rosado at cw
      Golovkin demanded a cw to fight for Ward's title

but Pvssykin was too scurred to walk-the-walk with Cotto and Canelo lol

and when they do, they get called out for that shht

except by creepy fanboys, who do nothing but make excuses

that is where you come in

tell us again how terrible catchweights are when they do not benefit Hypekin..... but how wonderful they are when they do
      I said mandatory, which is what makes Golovkin situation with Canelo a little different. Golovkin was mandatory. Brook wasn't mandatory. Rosado wasn't mandatory. Ward was a champion in a higher division. You do see the difference?

"Scared to walk the walk...", you mean go down to the bare minimum of the weight division?

So, when boxers, and they all do it, talk sh it, why is it I only see you calling Golovkin out? You're not an excuse making, creepy fanboy, are you? Of course, running around trying to redefine weight divisions might answer that.

Lastly, yes, tell us how catchweights are great when it's middleweight champion Golovkin coming down for middleweight champion Alvarez, but it's no good when it's SUPER middleweight champion Ward coming down for middleweight champion Golovkin. Tell us about that.

Comment

1) there is no link for that bullshht..... so, F off

2) this will make you cry

3) so will this.....

Rosado refused to fight Golovkin at a 158 pound catchweight. Rosado's adviser had successfully negotiated the catchweight but the fighter of Puerto Rican descent refused to fight at any weight lower than the 160 pound middleweight limit.....
        http://www.boxingscene.com/gabe-rosa...me-star--61272

Hypekin was happy to give the no-hopers a catchweight..... but he shat his pants when it came to Cotto and Canelo

4) and this will also make you cry.....

http://www.espn.com.au/boxing/story/...brook-was-made
        there is the link ******, i dont lie like you gimp now answer the questions you spineless pile of shlt

Comment

no, but he offered them

so, fk off idiot..... don't call me a hypocrite

YOU know that Golovkin demanded 164 from Ward..... and YOU know that Golovkin was willing to fight Brook/Rosado at catchweight..... but, here you are..... crying about catchweights and calling me a hypocrite LOL

Golovkin is a b1tch for not fighting Canelo at 154, like he promised..... especially considering the fact that he then called out everyone else at JMW

two face much ?
          your lieing, he did not offer a CW to brook, the above link has hearn saying he asked for a CW and was refused, so the truthful story that would never come from a lieing sack of shlt like you is that rosado was offered a CW and did not accept it, ggg took a lot of heat in the media over it and has NEVER OFFERED A CW AGAIN, isnt that right you jellyfish aboutfkntimeyoustoppedlieing

Comment

• lets face facts that most posters in this thread have forgotten more about boxing than you will ever know abouttotakefloydsknobinyourmouth

Comment

answer the questions pedo.....

1) explain why Golovkin totally refused to negotiate on weight with the SUPERSTARS Cotto and Canelo...... but was more than happy to offer a catchweight to no-hopers like Rosado/Brook?

2) explain why Golovkin stated that he is ready and willing to fight a JMW at 154, but nobody will step up..... AFTER refusing to negotiate on weight with Cotto Canelo?
              ive answered the first question in the above posts, you know where i proved your a liar, the second part is easy, 154 is JMW so its a different division, 155 is MW as anyone with any intelligence understands so then he can fight at 160 and still be in the same division, your exceptionally fucn dumb

Comment

160lbs is the limit

I've already said lomachenko could fight in MW if the fight was sanctioned, 155lb falls in the MW division so it would be sanctioned as a MW fight

Comment

• Originally posted by Shape up View Post
                  I've already said lomachenko could fight in MW if the fight was sanctioned, 155lb falls in the MW division so it would be sanctioned as a MW fight

Technically it would be a catchweight fight.

Middleweight has the limit set at 160lbs, not 155lbs.

Comment

• Originally posted by considerthis View Post
                    You are a hypocrite...and a hater. I don't believe ggg "demanded" a cw with ward, and I don't believe ggg "offered" brook a cw...and don't really care either way. I'm perfectly fine with cw fights btw, so long as their not title fights. Like I said Canelo could have gone back to 154 and given up his claim as the lineal mw champion. If at some point after that he wanted to negotiate a meet in the middle type fight, then fair enough.

You're the one who brought up the Canelo ggg situation and started having a tantrum about it, I couldn't care less about it really...it's water under the bridge. Canelo eventually did the right thing and made the fight where it should have been contested all along, and did very well. He doesn't need you to cry about him not getting ggg at a disadvantage.

My original question was and still is...what are the weight limits for the jmw and mw divisions? Anytime mr. "155lbs isn't a mw"...

oh fk, so..... you are one of those f@ggots ?

one of the deny'ers

“The fight is No.1, not for money, not for business,” Golovkin said. “I want the fight. My focus is 160. This is my goal to hold all the belts. Andre, I don’t understand if he’s 168 or 175. I don’t know. He works at 168. I’m 160. I think [fighting in the] middle is very correct, not 160, not 168. 164 is very correctly.
                    https://www.************.com/boxing-...ht-him-at-164/

It’s possible to think of better unmade fights right now than Andre Ward vs Gennady Golovkin, but the list only goes a couple fingers, tops. The two have danced around each other for the last couple years, each side accusing the other of not really wanting to lambada. But at this precise moment, it’s easy to pinpoint the perpetrator.

This month Golovkin’s team made explicit that they want the fight at 164 lbs. with a 50-50 purse split. The split is perfectly reasonable, and only has gotten more reasonable over time; there was a period when the idea of Andre Ward vs Gennady Golovkin at 50-50 was goofy given how much better ratings and how much larger crowds Ward (above left) was drawing, but Golovkin (above right) has caught up pretty well on those metrics by staying busy, looking impressive and becoming a fan favorite.

The 164-pound thing? Ludicrous. Golovkin, as we’ve said here a million times, is under no obligation to move up from middleweight. But he has indicated a willingness to fight Carl Froch and Julio Cesar Chavez, Jr. at the full super middleweight limit. As a source (apparently one on Ward’s side) told BoxingScene:

“Ward wants to fight Golovkin and he wants to fight him next. But it won’t happen at 164-pounds. By accepting 168 with Carl Froch and Chavez Jr, but then demanding 164 with Ward – it’s their way of saying ‘we don’t want to fight Andre Ward.”

There’s really no other explanation other than a version of that one. Ward has said repeatedly he couldn’t get below 168 if he tried, and his last fight was at 172. With Golovkin’s side saying they’ll only take the fight at 164, they’re either trying to make it look like they want the fight at all, knowing it won’t happen at that number; or they’re saying they’re only willing to fight Ward if he cripples himself.

And yes, you can point fingers at Ward about being guilty of this kind of thing for the Chad Dawson fight. The situation was slightly different there because Dawson, the light heavyweight champion, volunteered that he’d be willing to fight at 168, but given the catchweight Ward has taken some abuse for what was otherwise a win over a top fighter, and it’s not undeserved.

The other major difference, though, is that Golovkin is a fan favorite where Ward is a more divisive figure, so he probably won’t catch as much hell. As a fan of both Golovkin and Ward, I’d rather neither of them sought any catchweights, or that anyone else did, even when they’re more fair or reasonable than what Golovkin is requesting. This is just my reminder to all the boxing people out there that when it comes to advantage-hunting and trying to weaken opponents and trying to force the blame for a fight not happening, some fighters play a bit dirtier than others, but almost everyone is playing the same game, no matter how much their reputation is as a fearless warrior.
                    Last edited by aboutfkntime; 01-06-2018, 04:47 PM.

Comment

160lbs is the limit

GOOD post !

common-sense

this thread has distanced the good posters from the fanboy idiots

Comment

Working...
                      X