Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone explain to aboutfkntime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People are often confused about weight classes. Back, in the day, all you had to do was make weight for THAT division. One of the ways Henry Armstrong had three titles at once. I'm not 100% if the are real weird about that these days.

I think it might have changed some though. Which I think is ******. But safety is #1 these days in sports. I'm pretty sure if someone was 135 and wanted to fight for the Welterweight title, he wouldn't have to meet a mandatory minimum weight would he?

Comment

It's your fault for not having that ****** on ignore already.

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
        you must be new to boxing, many havr done it, almost every legit jmw fighter have done that, but just go check erislandy laras record and he has more than canelo, nobody ever talks about him as a mw, in fact any time he mentionds ggg, golovkin fans claim he is not a mw and that he needs to fight other mws before calling out ggg...
        Well why not just answer then?

What's a list of historical fights not involving Canelo that happened @ 155. You said it was common.

Canelo doesn't really put much effort into hiding the fact that he plays political games with weight but all of these guys on forums take up the slack for him. It's silly. Nobody needs a 155 catchweight. It's just a way to avoid titlist obligations. Period. There is no counterargument.

Comment

Originally posted by Shape up View Post
          Can someone explain to this moron that the MW division covers weights from 160lb and below, he thinks 155lb isn't MW, he is as bright as a blown globe
          There is a reason ******ed people are actually called "******ed". Aboutfkingtime is a ****** and you can't teach him anything.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
            Be a man and tell him yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Shape up View Post
              If brains were dynamite, he wouldn't have enough to blow his nose

Comment

AFT is alright with me....i share many of his same views

its funny to watch the same group of braindead fanboys call anyone who doesnt verbally felate golovkin a "moron"

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
                  Most common for who? Who has used a 155 pound catchweight historically other than Canelo?

It seems very comical to bother with a catchweight 1 pound above a divisional limit. It's just a way to get around titlist obligations.

and even more comical to refer to that as " middleweight "

Reynoso has explained why, on numerous occasions

they do it to " preserve Saul's career "

it is unprofessional, and lame as fk..... but they did the exact same thing at 150 when Canelo was campaigning at welter, and nobody said a damn thing.....

nobody said a damn thing, and nobody called Canelo a JMW..... because they did not need to make silly childish excuses to justify why Mr "anyone from 154-168" shat the bed over weight because he was writing cheques with his mouth that he could not cash with his fists

Comment

its hilarious for ABT to present his case with quotes and timelines and videos

then to watch some lil g fanboy say "you are just a hater bro we can all see through you"...LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
                      People are often confused about weight classes. Back, in the day, all you had to do was make weight for THAT division. One of the ways Henry Armstrong had three titles at once. I'm not 100% if the are real weird about that these days.

I think it might have changed some though. Which I think is ******. But safety is #1 these days in sports. I'm pretty sure if someone was 135 and wanted to fight for the Welterweight title, he wouldn't have to meet a mandatory minimum weight would he?

I am positive there is a minimum weight

more than a decade ago, a Marquez opponent badly missed weight..... by MORE than an entire division

the fight contract was re-drawn stipulating that the fight take place 1 division up

Marquez had to re-weigh to make the minimum weight

Merchant joked that Marquez put a couple of handfuls of coins in each pocket to make the minimum

it could depend on organisation

Comment

Working...
                      X