Collapse
No announcement yet.

WIll crawford make easy work of spence?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and to elaborate, problem is if you fight mediocre guys for such a long time youre not prepared for when you fight someone who can fight back. Its like rigondeaux, so used to things going his way and he looked lost when he had adversity. Imt elling you, these junior welterweights are absolute trash, danny garcia was king of that division. IM not hating on crawford, if he does a job on these welters then fair play to him but hes not half as proven as you all think. if he loses to thurman or spence youre gonna look back at his resume and think, well wtf was i hyping, cause theres nothing there. belts dont mean ****, holding 4 belts doesnt mean ****. Every division has a fighter whos number 1, they dont have to go around collecting alphabet titles to prove it. All them 4 belts mean is that he was top dog in a division that was a steaming pile of piss. 'junior' is the right term for that division cause its the kids league compared to 147. Even someone like jessie vargas would be a step up from the likes of indongo. He was absolutely useless and was a beltholder ffs, looked like he was tripping over his feet against ricky burns, embarrassing. Thats the type of win that gets you a belt in that division, defeating an undersized, shot to ****, never has been.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
      Gamboa fought back and at that stage in Crawford's career was a major test (Crawford was a 2-1 underdog in his first title defense). Postol, also fought back and was a well respected champion who had defeated Mattheyse.

Diaz a former Olympic gold medalist (robbed against Peterson) was much better than Bud made him look. Beltran too.

I get that he hasn't faced a murderers row but some fans tend to go overboard on talking his competition down. It's much better than Spence's and Spence has never fought a fighter remotely close to Crawford's talent level, skill set or adaptability.
      postol wasnt respected by me, i thought he was rubbish and i said that pre fight. Him beating matthysse doesnt mean much when you consider that garcia, alexander and a shot zab judah beat him. I have no idea how crawford was an underdog because gamboa was half his size, im not usually one to make a big deal of size differences but that was something else. Im not trying to be disrespectful of these fighters but i dont see anyone whos good on that resume, whereas spence has beaten brook. I'd argue algieri is pretty much as good as anyone on crawfords cv, can say diaz gave peterson problems but then again algieri gave khan problems and beat provodnikov. I'd favour algieri againt basically all of the jr welters crawfords fought thinking about it. im not hating on crawford, hes looked great so far but the opposition is limited, theres still a big question mark by him as there is against any fighter who hasnt fought an elite fighter yet. Now hes in a divsiion where he can do so.
      Last edited by Madison Boxing; 12-27-2017, 12:23 PM.

Comment

I don't think the fight will be easy for either guy, but if it looks easy it will likely be Spence stopping Bud and not the only way around.

I am going to go on record as saying that, barring any injury, Spence stops Bud easier than Spence stopped Brook.

Comment

Spence is a lot bigger guy than Terence, so that could be a problem for Crawford... Spence can easily fight in 154 or even in 160!

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
            postol wasnt respected by me, i thought he was rubbish and i said that pre fight. Him beating matthysse doesnt mean much when you consider that garcia, alexander and a shot zab judah beat him. I have no idea how crawford was an underdog because gamboa was half his size, im not usually one to make a big deal of size differences but that was something else. Im not trying to be disrespectful of these fighters but i dont see anyone whos good on that resume, whereas spence has beaten brook. I'd argue algieri is pretty much as good as anyone on crawfords cv, can say diaz gave peterson problems but then again algieri gave khan problems and beat provodnikov. I'd favour algieri againt basically all of the jr welters crawfords fought thinking about it. im not hating on crawford, hes looked great so far but the opposition is limited, theres still a big question mark by him as there is against any fighter who hasnt fought an elite fighter yet. Now hes in a divsiion where he can do so.
            Mattheyse got stiffed on those decisions against Alexander and Judah. No way he lost either bout and he improved a lot after that. Hence the absolute destruction's of Soto and Peterson and then right before Postol an excellent win over Provodnikov. Algieri-Provodnikov was a joke decision too. Algieri survived and won some rounds but in no way won the bout.

Crawford was inexperienced and Gamboa was highly regarded that's probably why the odds were 2-1. I bet $500 on Bud.

Comment

not easy but crawford is the total package. bud takes him deep and drowns him.

the black erik morales.

Comment

Originally posted by WhatDisButtonDo View Post
                Spence isn't a remarkable fighter p4p in and of itself. He's good for the sport and I love him and his attitude, but he isn't extremely talented. There's a reason he couldn't medal in the olympics, he's too easy to hit, too flat footed and not to good on defense.

I think an acclimated Crawford Boxes circles around him.
                All the spence dick ridders are going to ignore this post

If Spence was a god, why didn't he win a gold in the olympics. Half the posters on this forum have in-explainable hatred towards Degale, but he won an olympic gold and was a decorated fighter. Spence beat a Brook who was already mentally and physically broken by GGG. The only way he dominates the 147 division if he ends up over-sizing everyone. the guy is literally a 154 pounder melting down to 147 to bully the division. Crawford will beat him if he gets a few fights at that weight. I will continue saying this, unless spence shows me something that isn't basic Thurman will beat him if Spence doesnt come in 10-15 pounds bigger than him

Comment

Someone asked "If Spence was a god why didn't he win gold at the olympics?"

Not sure how long that guy has been following the sport but someone needs to tell him that

A) The vast majority of Olympic medalists never pan out on the pro level

and

B) Not every really good amateur gets to the Olympics

For example, Bud Crawford didn't even get to go, losing to Saddam Ali and Miguel Gonzalez in trials.

Also, Brook was not mentally or physically broken by Golovkin.

If anything, it was one of the reasons Brook thought he could beat Spence.

Brook, aside from the fractured orbital, really didn't get beat up by G and got the better of the Kazak a lot of that fight, which was stopped after 4 and 2/3 rounds- well before Kell took a beating or was even floored.

Brook took a much worse beating from Errol.

Spence is highly skilled. Bud may be even more so but the small difference in technical excellence will not be enough to offset the physical advantages Errol will enjoy.

If anyone thinks Errol is basic, they need to ask someone who knows better.

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
                    I feel that crawdaddy would be for too much for Spence at this point.

Brook saw some success with the jab- I think crawford beats spence rather easily.
                    Another shít poster that DKSAB.

You're obviously a troll looking for another troll experience.

Comment

If Crawford can carry his punch and durability to 147 he would be a nightmare for Spence.

Comment

Working...
                      X