Collapse
No announcement yet.

As of right now, who would you rank higher, Vitali or GGG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why didn't you vote in a poll you started? That's strange. Go ahead and pick a winner and tell us why you picked him please.

Comment

GGG. Vitali always had a significant size advantage. That loss against Byrd was humiliating.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
        Why didn't you vote in a poll you started? That's strange. Go ahead and pick a winner and tell us why you picked him please.
        Because I wanna see what the general opinion is..It is not about me

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Einstein View Post
          Maybe you should take your own advice..
          I saw the fight and scored it live. Like most observers, I had it for GGG. Media scorecards were: https://tinyurl.com/ya6lvxy2
          117 for GGG,
          21 draw,
          9 for Canelo.

That is 80% for GGG.

You post a 10-min highlight video of a 36-min fight ... and the 10 minutes isn't real time, it's slow motion of maybe 4 minutes of the fight. Even that is showing not much by Canelo, often hitting hips, swinging & missing, getting hit, etc.

Regardless, a highlight video is meaningless. I'm sure you've seen Pac beat Mayweather according to some slowmotion highlight vids. That's just as laughable.
          Last edited by buge; 12-25-2017, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Vitali. His loss to Lewis is better than anything Golovkin has done so far.

Comment

Vitali Klitschko is the second greatest heavyweight of all time behind his brother Wladimir Klitschko.

Gennady Golovkin is the greatest middleweight of all time.

So who is better depends upon which accomplishment you value more. For me, being the best heavyweight in the world is the ultimate accomplishment for the sport of boxing since you represent the entire sport.

Essentially, Gennady Golovkin is a Wladimir Klitschko and a Vitali Klitschko hybrid. He has the chin and the punch output of Vitali Klitschko and the technical ability of Wladimir Klitschko. A Vitali and Wladimir Klitshcko hybrid in the heavyweight division would resemble something like Gennady Golovkin.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                Golvokin and it's not close. Who did vitali actually beat? All i want is one name, no ifs or buts. He lost a dog fight to a 40 year old.
                Who cares about a boxer's name? What matters is the boxer's record. Name me one boxer who qualified as the best possible opponent Vitali Klitschko avoided outside his younger brother Wladimir Klitschko?

In terms of REAL heavyweight record (when boxers weigh 200 pounds or more), Vitali Klitschko's resume / record ranks only behind Wladimir Klitschko and perhaps Lennox Lewis. Otherwise, it's better than everybody else's.

Comment

Originally posted by buge View Post
                  I saw the fight and scored it live. Like most observers, I had it for GGG. Media scorecards were: https://tinyurl.com/ya6lvxy2
                  117 for GGG,
                  21 draw,
                  9 for Canelo.

That is 80% for GGG.

You post a 10-min highlight video of a 36-min fight ... and the 10 minutes isn't real time, it's slow motion of maybe 4 minutes of the fight. Even that is showing not much by Canelo, often hitting hips, swinging & missing, getting hit, etc.

Regardless, a highlight video is meaningless. I'm sure you've seen Pac beat Mayweather according to some slowmotion highlight vids. That's just as laughable.
                  why do you say GGG won??? just wondering to be honest..

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Objecitivity View Post
                    Vitali Klitschko is the second greatest heavyweight of all time behind his brother Wladimir Klitschko.

Gennady Golovkin is the greatest middleweight of all time

So who is better depends upon which accomplishment you value more. For me, being the best heavyweight in the world is the ultimate accomplishment for the sport of boxing since you represent the entire sport.

Essentially, Gennady Golovkin is a Wladimir Klitschko and a Vitali Klitschko hybrid. He has the chin and the punch output of Vitali Klitschko and the technical ability of Wladimir Klitschko. A Vitali and Wladimir Klitshcko hybrid in the heavyweight division would resemble something like Gennady Golovkin.
                    :

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
                      :
                      That's all you can do. Throw emoticons because the facts speak for themselves. There is not a heavyweight with a better REAL heavyweight record at 200 pounds + (when boxers weigh above 200 pounds) than Wladimir Klitschko. After that, you can't name any boxer who is more worthy for the number 2 spot than either Vitali Klitschko or Lennox Lewis.

At middleweight, Golovkin's record speaks for itself. He has one of the highest win / loss ratio at 160 pounds. He has one of the highest KO ratio at 160 pounds. These are all facts!

Though sure, someone like you isn't able to differentiate between what is subjective and what is objective. So no surprises for your bullet point primitive responses.

Comment

Working...
                      X