Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd pick Ward

That's probably because I just generally feel Calzaghe is a bit overrated

Comment

Ward digs in his tools and goes to work on Ol Slappy!

Too quick and can shift for different looks of a counter!

He'll walk Joe into a trap and then gut him on the inside!

Joe throws a lot so he has confidence in his engine, let's xee how much confidence he has when its round 9 and Ward has flatten all his tires!

Ward will make it very uncomfortable for Joe, dig to his body to deplete his stamina and then drown him late!

Ward by Decision in a tough fight but clear winner as he adds Joe Calzaghe's scalp in his trophy room!

Comment

Huge fan of both. Really hard to pick because Joe had that relentless output. Just ridiculous. The guy didn't tire. How do you overcome that?

Ward, when pressured, was really good at making guys regret their push. He did it with accuracy, body work, grappling, and basically made them tired and frustrated. I've never seen Calzaghe tired or frustrated, but I've never seen Ward out worked either so it's a really intriguing match that I think comes down to how the judges decide to score it. Calzaghe's volume or Ward's accuracy? You pick.

Comment

Who are you kidding

Calzaghe would have slapped Ward into submission

Comment

Originally posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
            What if the fight takes place in the USA with a USA ref and judges though?
            I think Joe could get a fair shake in the States.

In Oakland, 120-108 Ward doe

Comment

It's Christmas day not April fools

Comment

Sven Ottke would beat both of them.

Comment

Calzaghe was a protected tool with a lot of opponents stopped by dubious ref stoppages, but one thing he had more than any other boxer I've seen is an unbelievable winner's attitude and the style and speed to match that belief.

I think he would find the early going with Ward difficult, but would start stretching a winning margin by the end. His workrate is way beyond Ward'S, even considering Ward has a big gas tank.

Comment

He would indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                      I'd pick Ward

That's probably because I just generally feel Calzaghe is a bit overrated
                      Joe slaps, Ward sits down on his punches.
                      Ward destroys him!

Comment

Working...
                      X