Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Saunders: I'll School Golovkin or Canelo Like I Did Lemieux!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Saunders: I'll School Golovkin or Canelo Like I Did Lemieux!

Billy Joe Saunders has vowed to "school" both Gennady Golovkin and Saul Canelo' Alvarez following his master-class WBO world middleweight title victory over David Lemieux in Montreal on Saturday night. MTK Global-managed Saunders oozed class as he cruised to a dominant unanimous-decision points win over former IBF world champion Lemieux.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I would not be surprised one bit of he did.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      I would not be surprised one bit of he did.
      Yep, hit and not get hit. His one MAJOR flaw was his cardio, but he has improved that big time and I only expect it to get better.

Getting a decision over Canelo is nigh impossible though, just look at the Mayweather fight with the 'draw' score, and the 118-110 vs GGG.

Comment

BJS showed he is elite against Lemieux, I would have no problem backing him to defeat GGG or Canelo. BJS has arrived on the world stage people take notice.

Comment

Originally posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
          Yep, hit and not get hit. His one MAJOR flaw was his cardio, but he has improved that big time and I only expect it to get better.

Getting a decision over Canelo is nigh impossible though, just look at the Mayweather fight with the 'draw' score, and the 118-110 vs GGG.
          He might not get the decision against either guy but they aren’t going to find it easy to blow him out of there, I mean it wouldn’t be easy to take that belt off him.

Comment

I could see him doing that to CONelo, but can see G cut em down

Comment

Better yet, look at his draw vs Golovkin!

Originally posted by robbyheartbaby View Post
              BJS showed he is elite against Lemieux, I would have no problem backing him to defeat GGG or Canelo. BJS has arrived on the world stage people take notice.
              Lemieux isnt elite tho. Rubio khtfo and G toyed with him b4 kho

Comment

Can see him winning against Canelo but GGG, nope.

Comment

At this point in their respective careers, I'd favour Saunders more over GGG than Canelo. GGG is on the decline and Canelo is getting better. GGG has more power and is good at cutting off the ring though, so Saunders would have to move a lot, but Canelo has better boxing skills than GGG.

(Note: I had GGG beating Caenlo)

Comment

At this point in their respective careers, I'd favour Saunders more over GGG than Canelo. GGG is on the decline and Canelo is getting better. GGG has more power and is good at cutting off the ring though, so Saunders would have to move a lot, but Canelo has better boxing skills than GGG.

(Note: I had GGG beating Caenlo)
                    I see it the other way. I think his style causes Canelo all kinds of problems and in a way i don't know what Canelo does to change it apart from try to land a flashy combination and get the judges to score him the round. Canelo's feet aren't quick enough to keep up with Saunders. He hasn't got the pressure or work rate to make Saunders tired. He will end up just following Saunders around and i don't think he even has the power at MW to do much even if he gets close. As i said, he'll try to land some flashy shots and let the judges do the work.

GGG is slowing down but i think he could pressure Saunders into working harder than he wants to and wear him down. Saunders did 12 rounds easy v Lemieux but that was at his own leisure.

One thing that not many people have mentioned is that Saunders actually looked physically strong compared to Lemieux the few times they did get in close. Saunders is big and strong now at MW.
                    Last edited by TheBigLug; 12-17-2017, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X