Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Rigo is a great win for Loma, why is Floyd not given credit for Jmm?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
    Only thing was, Marquez never agreed to jump, Floyd cheated him

Rigo also put in a hydration clause into the contract. None for Floyd who also skipped the ring scales.
    weight did not win either fight...skills pay the bills

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Einstein View Post
      weight did not win either fight...skills pay the bills
      It lessens the credit.

And if we want to talk about skills.

Marquez was a counter puncher, and had to come out of his natural fighting style for Floyd. A terrible match up for him skill wise.

Loma came to rigo and threw punches. Something a counter puncher would want.

But as to your point, the main reason, is no one was asking for Marquez vs Mayweather.

Are they any posts exists previous to that fight going down?

Comment

And like I said it is irrelevant
        How convenient.

Comment

It lessens the credit.

And if we want to talk about skills.

Marquez was a counter puncher, and had to come out of his natural fighting style for Floyd. A terrible match up for him skill wise.

Loma came to rigo and threw punches. Something a counter puncher would want.

But as to your point, the main reason, is no one was asking for Marquez vs Mayweather.

Are they any posts exists previous to that fight going down?
          You know what else lessens the credit?

Fighting Rigo at 130 when he could have easily made a catchweight fight while at 126.

Floyd coming off a long layoff for JMM> An active Loma fighting Rigo at 130

Comment

According to some on here Mayweather didn't have ONE great win.

Pacquiao they said was passed his prime. Same for Cotto. Same for Mosley. Same for Oscar. And on and on and on.

Canelo was too green. Hatton was too small. Marquez was cheated on weight and dragged up 2 weight classes. He should have been disqualified against Judah. Corrales had jail on his mind. He lost to Castillo and Maidana and they fail to mention the rematches he won without any controversy. And Gatti, well he was just Gatti so according to them that don't count.

He ducked everyone else.

His PPV records are because of who he was fighting. He was boring and no one wanted to watch him. He lost money for Showtime. His fight with McGregor was a joke and no one wanted to see it.

I'm sure I'm missing some of his other shortcomings based on the people that don't like him but I'm sure I'll get a reminder.

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
              According to some on here Mayweather didn't have ONE great win.

Pacquiao they said was passed his prime. Same for Cotto. Same for Mosley. Same for Oscar. And on and on and on.

Canelo was too green. Hatton was too small. Marquez was cheated on weight and dragged up 2 weight classes. He should have been disqualified against Judah. Corrales had jail on his mind. He lost to Castillo and Maidana and they fail to mention the rematches he won without any controversy. And Gatti, well he was just Gatti so according to them that don't count.

His PPV records are because of who he was fighting. He was boring and no one wanted to watch him. He lost money for Showtime. His fight with McGregor was a joke and no one wanted to see it.

He ducked everyone else.

I'm sure I'm missing some of his other shortcomings based on the people that don't like him but I'm sure I'll get a reminder.
              It's always something from the ex Pac fans.

They've since migrated to Loma's crotch,spewing the same nonsense.

Comment

He didn't make weight but it was a typically brilliant performance by Mayweather. I was disappointed when he didn't try and turn it up in the second round when he had Marquez hurt, but the rest of the fight showed how special he was.

Comment

Originally posted by Gillie View Post
                  He didn't make weight but it was a typically brilliant performance by Mayweather. I was disappointed when he didn't try and turn it up in the second round when he had Marquez hurt, but the rest of the fight showed how special he was.
                  Floyd has the power but he doesn't have the hands.

When you have bad hands,landing a hard shot hurts you more than it does the opponent.

If Mayweather had Mosley's hands he'd have KO's like a mofo.

Comment

1) The Fans never asked for JMM to fight Mayweather
                    Remind us which fight sold over a million ppv's while the other was on basic cable

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd is TBE View Post
                      Remind us which fight sold over a million ppv's while the other was on basic cable
                      No boxing fans asked for the fight.

You like your unrelated points don't you.

Comment

Working...
                      X