Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's next in line to be a mainstream star?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by john l View Post
    Yup that's the way I see it.Hopfully those other guys might fight.Thats the best thing about a (mostly)undisputed div the contenders cant wait 2,3,4 years to get shot.Somone gonna have to step up and I think Jacobs because he has made a little money already might just be willing to take on Charlo,Andrade or the ******n kid Dim? something Sergey or close.
    Jacobs vs Andrade is the most realistic possibility out of those contenders I reckon. Both are aligned to HBO and both are with promoters who can’t just make in house matchups. Charlo is meant to be fighting Hugo Centeno apparently

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
      It’s tough man, Canelo is the only guy who’s a bonafied mainstream star ATM.

AJ obviously has potential. The AJ/Wilder winner could become a mega star IMO

Crawford/Spence/Thurman all have potential if they get bigger fights/fight more often

Loma and Mikey Garcia are the only other guys who I could see becoming mainstream

It’s hard to predict though tbh who would’ve said Canelo would be the biggest star in boxing 8-10 years ago?
      Canelo, AJ, and maybe Loma.

Crawford, Mikey, Spence don't know how (or don't want) to advertise themselves. They've done enough to warrant some attention, especially TC and Mikey, but nobody outside of boxing fans know them :/

Spence - Mr I'm almost 30 and don't need a promoter - is hopeless. He couldn't sell water in the desert

Nobody knows Thurman and Wilder bc both are hype jobs and have a poor approach to advertising.

Canelo, AJ, Loma are best bets

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
        Canelo, AJ, and maybe Loma.

Crawford, Mikey, Spence don't know how (or don't want) to advertise themselves. They've done enough to warrant some attention, especially TC and Mikey, but nobody outside of boxing fans know them :/

Spence - Mr I'm almost 30 and don't need a promoter - is hopeless. He couldn't sell water in the desert

Nobody knows Thurman and Wilder bc both are hype jobs and have a poor approach to advertising.

Canelo, AJ, Loma are best bets
        Neither Wilder or Thurman are hype jobs IMO, I can see why people would purport Wilder as a hype job due to his lack of quality opposition but the exact same could be claimed about AJ.
        Thurman on the other hand has a very solid resume; Garcia, Porter were very good wins and even guys like Guerrero, Collazo and Chaves are solid wins, far from a hype job from my perspective.

Comment

Loma the future and face of boxing.

Comment

Neither Wilder or Thurman are hype jobs IMO, I can see why people would purport Wilder as a hype job due to his lack of quality opposition but the exact same could be claimed about AJ.
            Thurman on the other hand has a very solid resume; Garcia, Porter were very good wins and even guys like Guerrero, Collazo and Chaves are solid wins, far from a hype job from my perspective.
            Split decision against Danny Garcia is not "very good" by ANY standard.

Also, a very good case can be made for Porter beating Thurman.

Nothing "very good" about either "win". Dude is hype who benefited beating C or C+ fighters as a B- fighter himself XD

Comment

Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
              Loma the future and face of boxing.
              Former pacFUCK jumping ship LMFAO

Comment

Former pacFUCK jumping ship LMFAO
                Lol. Just stick with your boy rigo who is the slick master boxer like floyd jr.

Comment

It’s tough man, Canelo is the only guy who’s a bonafied mainstream star ATM.

AJ obviously has potential. The AJ/Wilder winner could become a mega star IMO

Crawford/Spence/Thurman all have potential if they get bigger fights/fight more often

Loma and Mikey Garcia are the only other guys who I could see becoming mainstream

It’s hard to predict though tbh who would’ve said Canelo would be the biggest star in boxing 8-10 years ago?

AJ is a bonafide STAR in UK, and probably to a lesser degree in mainland Europe.

AJ is making about as much as Canelo.

Neither are a true international star like a Mayweather, or Pacquiao.

I think Daniel Dubois, Michael Conlan, and maybe Lomachenko.

Comment

Split decision against Danny Garcia is not "very good" by ANY standard.

Also, a very good case can be made for Porter beating Thurman.

Nothing "very good" about either "win". Dude is hype who benefited beating C or C+ fighters as a B- fighter himself XD
                    He clearly beat both Porter and Garcia, and I was betting against Thurman in those fights. Both good wins name a welterweight with better recent wins. There isn’t one. Garcia is far from a C level fighter, c’mon man, your just coming across very negative and bias saying stuff like that. He’s a 2 weight world champion FFS

Comment

There is none because nobody cares about this sport anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X