Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Ward confirms what we knew. He retired because he couldn't scam RocNation again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don’t get it, of course he would miss fighting. Everyone of them do when they retire. That doesn’t mean they want to fight again, am sure some of them do but those are the ones that actually need the more. Once they are secured financially then they are not that eager to jump out of retirement, unless they are presented an opportunity of a lifetime.

Comment

Every boxer has the right to retire any time they want for what ever reasons they want. Too many boxers like Roy Jones and Hopkins keep fighting when they are very rich and should retire for their future health. Ward said he is retiring because his body couldn't handle the training needed to be at his best. I believe him and I am not a Ward fan.

Comment

People actually think like this?

Comment

Originally posted by Shako93 View Post
          7mil+ppv for a fight that did under 150k+, god damn ROC Nation. Thats a god damn daylight bank robbery. Even Al Haymon would get a heart attack paying his fighters this much money.

Comment

Andre Ward emotionally scared some people on this forum

Comment

Originally posted by Shako93 View Post
              7mil+ppv for a fight that did under 150k+, god damn ROC Nation. Thats a god damn daylight bank robbery. Even Al Haymon would get a heart attack paying his fighters this much money.
              think about it this way...he also got what? 6.5 for the first one? now think about this...he also got hbo to pay him about 2 mil to spar alex brand and got another 2 mil out of the barrera fight all in the hopes hbo could have that juicy ward/kova matchup.....ward done raped the game in the last couple years

wards retirement was def never carved in stone...if the right fight for the right price materializes he will be back...hes still in good shape and able bodied....thats the problem though...anything less for ward is going to be a letdown and its going to be hard to find a good fight thats going to pay him the same or more

i would def agree that his "retirement" was an attention grab while basking in his greatest victory.....who knows maybe a bellew fight can still happen at some point

Comment

#wardruinslives

Comment

Lol @ these angry bytches. They simply can't let go of the fact that they were WRONG about the guy. Now, he will forever haunt them.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                    "My body hurts" "I've been doing this for so many years I've nothing left to give".

3 months later.

"I miss fighting".

Yeah, hoping that you can land another fight for 6+ millions while you sell 100k ppv?

Stay retired, no one wants to see your fights, dirty boring figher.
                    I think he is going the Floyd rout. Retire at your peek. And have a dope "return party" in about 9 months or so..

Comment

There's nothing Andre Ward can do when everybody hates him for being great. They're legit treating him like they treated Floyd, they refuse to give him his credit for being great. They do not like him and this will never change.

Comment

Working...
                      X