Comments Thread For: Mayweather-McGregor Banks 4.3 Million Buys, Says Showtime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GrandmasterWang View Post
    Glad this farce didn't outsell May/Pac.

I enjoyed watching a badly faded Mayweather punch around the larger Conor McGregor and stop him.

Lol at Lomachenko vs Mayweather selling more than this fight. Conor is the reason this fight got above 4million buys. Lomachenko would struggle to beat Berto numbers. He's a phenomenon...but Lomachenko is no major draw yet.
    Yeah just because it should sell more doesn’t mean it will

Comment

The most popular cage fighter vs the most popular boxer is a certain money maker if not much of a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew Bundini Br View Post
        Would of made 6mil if 2mil didn't steal it. Lol.
        The most accurate post on this thread !!

Comment

I remember posters on here telling me before this fight was signed that nobody was interested in it.

Comment

now you see why pacquiao wants to fight conor now. even oscar wants to come out of retirement for him. any boxer facing conor is guaranteed a giant $$ bag. all those fighters that called it a joke would do the same in a heartbeat. and if they have a rematch it'll do even bigger numbers due to how entertaining the fight was. there is no boxer that will bring floyd the money he wants. if he returns it'll be a conor rematch. guaranteed.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              The most popular cage fighter vs the most popular boxer is a certain money maker if not much of a fight.
              Deontay Wilder vs. Brock Lesnar.

Comment

I criticised Floyd when he claimed he made the fight the people wanted, and it turns out I was wrong. People really did want it.

Still wish it hadn't happened though.

Comment

Originally posted by bronx7 View Post
                  Most rewarded$ fighter in history gave the least excitement never closes the show against overmatched fighters he laughs to the bank with his health if you didn’t $$ him he would have had to up excitement
                  My man, you people that think Floyd is boring are like crackheads trying to smoke weed to get high. Cuz y'all watch too much of that MMA. If you're not getting a knockout or war to watch you don't recognize it as entertainment. You need that extreme visual to get off. Like I said, crack heads.

Look at the top 5 below. That doesn't happen from being boring dude.

TOP FIVE BOXING PPVs OF ALL TIME
                  1. Floyd Mayweather v Manny Pacquiao - 4.6m
                  2. Floyd Mayweather v Conor McGregor - 4.3m
                  3. Oscar De La Hoya v Floyd Mayweather - 2.4m
                  4. Floyd Mayweather v Canelo Alvarez - 2.2m
                  5. Evander Holyfield v Mike Tyson 2 - 1.99m

Comment

Mayweather knows how to sell a fight and he got an opponent who was an even bigger showman than him. People tried to hate on this fight but everyone knew it would be a success. They just hated the fact that it was Mayweather pulling it off AGAIN.

Comment

Originally posted by HIGHNESS View Post
                      It's more so they want to see Floyd Mayweather's opponents perform.
                      So how come the opponents only do these kind of numbers when they fight Floyd?

Comment

Working...
                      X