Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sadam Ali Wants to Stay at 154 Pounds, Defend WBO Title Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
    Fair point. I’m not totally convinced myself. Although I still think the Cotto that Ali beat was a good fighter albeit a past prime fighter
    Dude, cotto was clearly taking control of the fight until the injury happened. Ali clearly won the last 4 rounds which won him the fight. Cotto without the injury would've won, maybe even by KO

Comment

Smart move. Golden Boy can't offer him anything at welter and Smith and Brook are good british paydays.

Comment

Pretty sure he'll lose that title sooner rather 5han later, but I'm happy for him. This should guarantee him a big payday, and that's all They're fighting for at end of the day. Even if he's dethroned, hopefully GBP gets this dude a life-changing payday. Brooks over in the U.K seems like the mostly logical option that stands out.

Comment

Liam Smith will beat him

Ali is too small for 154

Comment

Originally posted by chepboxingking View Post
            Dude, cotto was clearly taking control of the fight until the injury happened. Ali clearly won the last 4 rounds which won him the fight. Cotto without the injury would've won, maybe even by KO
            Heading into the round that Cotto said he injured himself he was NOT winning on any of the judges scorecards and was already rocked ATLEAST twice in the fight. Sure if not injured maybe he rallies for a late KO stoppage but that's not a given. FACT Cotto was not looking good before or after the injury. Ali gave him problems all night. He also had one of his best rounds of the entire fight the round after the injury. It would be one thing to blame the injury if he was dominating and up on the scorecards before the injury but he wasn't winning the fight before the injury.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
              Liam Smith will beat him

Ali is too small for 154
              But Beefy sucks. Who did he ever beat?

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                Heading into the round that Cotto said he injured himself he was NOT winning on any of the judges scorecards and was already rocked ATLEAST twice in the fight. Sure if not injured maybe he rallies for a late KO stoppage but that's not a given. FACT Cotto was not looking good before or after the injury. Ali gave him problems all night. He also had one of his best rounds of the entire fight the round after the injury. It would be one thing to blame the injury if he was dominating and up on the scorecards before the injury but he wasn't winning the fight before the injury.
                Look at the official scorecards..Cotto won 5th, 6th, 7th rounds on 2 of the 3 judges card. The other judge gave Cotto 2 of those rounds. He was clearly taking over the fight. Yes, he was rocked a few times, but in the early rounds, not after he started taking over. He lost 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th round on all 3 cards; clearly after the injury. Ali won by 1 and 2 rounds on two judges card. Abviusly those last 4 rounds, after the injury, were the driving force for that decision.

Comment

Nah he wasn’t IMO man, Cotto got buzzed and hurt a few times in the early rounds and was getting beat up a bit, he was doing better in the middle rounds prior to the injury but he was far from controlling the fight from my perspective

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                    I'm still stuck on Ali getting KO'd by Vargas! I wish him success at 154, but I think he should go back to 147 and redeem himself!
                    Yeah I still don’t trust his durability myself, I’m the exact same with Badou Jack cause of the Edwards fight, even though he’s proved me wrong several times

Comment

Look at the official scorecards..Cotto won 5th, 6th, 7th rounds on 2 of the 3 judges card. The other judge gave Cotto 2 of those rounds. He was clearly taking over the fight. Yes, he was rocked a few times, but in the early rounds, not after he started taking over. He lost 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th round on all 3 cards; clearly after the injury. Ali won by 1 and 2 rounds on two judges card. Abviusly those last 4 rounds, after the injury, were the driving force for that decision.
                      stop it yes he did better in the middle rounds but was NOT winning the fight before the injury, he was hurt badly twice pre injury when he was more aggressive. Who is to say if he's not injured and more passive down the stretch that he doesn't get rocked more or dropped? To say he would of won is just BS before the injury he wasn't winning he was being out boxed and it was him who was getting hurt in the exchanges NOT Ali. Who knows how the fight plays out but to guarantee he wins is nonsense.

Comment

Working...
                      X