Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Will Take 'Real Ballsy 130-Pounder' to Fight Lomachenko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Balls"y I see what Arum did there.

Comment

There are some fun matchups at 130 for an ESPN type of showcase that Loma could consider--Davis, Berchelt, Gonzalez. Big fish are swimming at 135 tho (Mikey) and the boxing world wants that fight! If GGG/Lemieux can be promoted as PPV, certainly Loma/Mikey can...

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
        didnt we just watched loma vs rigo last week???
        We did, and we also saw Rigo, at age 37, move up 2 weight classes for that fight! Bob didn't want Rigo anyway. He was pissed when Rigo beat Donaire! Mikey Garcia is a different animal.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
          didnt we just watched loma vs rigo last week???
          BIG difference there! Bob didnt want Mikey Garcia go and made him retire or fight for him.

Rig. He couldn't even talk HBO at the time to wanting him. Even he couldn't sale anyone on paying to watch him fight.

Comment

Originally posted by White Willy View Post
            In all honesty, I would buy into that ish! Never considered that option but it would be a great spectacle. Next year could go:

Spring
            Manny vs. McGregor
            Loma vs. Linares

Summer
            Manny vs. Loma

Fall
            Loma vs. Mikey

In an ideal world that would be great.
            Linares is in the same boat (GBP/HBO) as Berchelt and Machado. They would stay at 130 if they could work with Oscar/HBO, but I doubt it!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
              We did, and we also saw Rigo, at age 37, move up 2 weight classes for that fight! Bob didn't want Rigo anyway. He was pissed when Rigo beat Donaire! Mikey Garcia is a different animal.
              i dont get this "he was pissed when rigo beat donaire"... wasnt rigo under bob during that time??? so why would bob be pissed that one of his fighter beat his other fighter??

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                BIG difference there! Bob didnt want Mikey Garcia go and made him retire or fight for him.

Rig. He couldn't even talk HBO at the time to wanting him. Even he couldn't sale anyone on paying to watch him fight.
                doesnt change the fact that bob made a fight with someone who just left TR and is NOT being promoted by them.

Comment

I doubt many want that work, is Davis moving up or staying were he is at?

Comment

Berchelt, Mikey, Linares, Crawford - there's no other names for Lomachenko to beat yet

Comment

Davis going to look the other way entirely and his fans will justify him ducking lol

Comment

Working...
                      X