Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Will Take 'Real Ballsy 130-Pounder' to Fight Lomachenko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum: Will Take 'Real Ballsy 130-Pounder' to Fight Lomachenko

NEW YORK Vasyl Lomachenko's options are somewhat limited at 130 pounds. The fight that made the most sense for Lomachenko in that weight class was eliminated after he beat Guillermo Rigondeaux on Saturday night because Orlando Salido retired following his technical knockout defeat to Miguel Roman about an hour later. Mexico's Salido (44-14-4, 31 KOs, 1 NC) is the only opponent to beat Lomachenko as a pro and Lomachenko (10-1, 8 KOs) had hoped to avenge that split-decision defeat in March 2014.
    [Click Here To Read More]

go to 135 and fight mikey then!!

Comment

I think Bob's right...

Who at 130 would step up? Davis?? Don't think so.

Comment

Berchelt is the only interesting option but he's kind of green. I think I'd rather see Lomachenko fight Linares. Berchelt can fight Roman.

Comment

I thought Mikey Garcia was the target? That's what it seemed like Saturday night/Sunday morning! We know Bob doesn't want to see that, because he's still butt-hurt over Mikey leaving TR, like so many before him! So where does Loma go?

Actually, the best route for Loma's success is an in-house fight! Pacquiao vs. Lomachenko @ 140! Manny has the weight advantage, Loma has youth and age advantage!

Last option is a rematch with GRJ! Arum and Haymon did Crawford-Molina, and Crawford-Diaz, so this shouldn't be that hard at all!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
            I thought Mikey Garcia was the target? That's what it seemed like Saturday night/Sunday morning! We know Bob doesn't want to see that, because he's still butt-hurt over Mikey leaving TR, like so many before him! So where does Loma go?

Actually, the best route for Loma's success is an in-house fight! Pacquiao vs. Lomachenko @ 140! Manny has the weight advantage, Loma has youth and age advantage!

Last option is a rematch with GRJ! Arum and Haymon did Crawford-Molina, and Crawford-Diaz, so this shouldn't be that hard at all!
            didnt we just watched loma vs rigo last week???

Comment

I almost wish Loma lost just to piss Arum off.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
                didnt we just watched loma vs rigo last week???
                Mikey Garcia's demographıc pull power, viewership, with Arum knowing the Mexican-American fanbase, is not the same value as Rigondeaux with TR before...

Comment

Vasyl Lomachenko is SO good, people would criticize him for staying in the same division. Even if he moved to Lightweight and unified the belts he'd be criticized. The fight which makes the most sense for next Spring is Jorge Linares @ 135.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                    In all honesty, I would buy into that ish! Never considered that option but it would be a great spectacle. Next year could go:

Spring
                    Manny vs. McGregor
                    Loma vs. Linares

Summer
                    Manny vs. Loma

Fall
                    Loma vs. Mikey

In an ideal world that would be great.

Comment

Working...
                    X