Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo vs. Golovkin Rematch Deal is "Getting Very Close"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Canelo vs. Golovkin Rematch Deal is "Getting Very Close"

So does the winner of the upcoming bout between WBO middleweight champion, Billy Joe Saunders, and David Lemieux, become a fall back option for Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez (49-1-1, 34 KOs) - if the rematch with Gennady Golovkin (37-0, 33 KOs) is not successfully negotiated for next May?
    [Click Here To Read More]

May5th it’s been common knowledge

Comment

Canelo should fight the Lemieux-Saunders winner and GGG should take another fight early 2018.

They can fight in September

Comment

Trilogy coming soon

Comment

Canelo this time wins with more ease, 117-111/118-110/119-109 type scores, hopefully Moretti gets it right this time cause I had 116-112 Canelo, Byrd was more on point than Moretti

Comment

5 more months then RIP triple b side hype.

Comment

I feel sorry for the ranked boxers and mandatory challengers in all of this, the last proper title defence was Dominic Wade for the IBF 20 months ago. And it'll be 2 and a half years if the rematch get done.

I'm not counting the Jacob's defence as he was a "regular" title holder, which the WBA re-issued anyway instead of eliminating it.

Saunders has almost made 2 mandatory defences of the WBO but only after 20 months with one voluntary before that.

Basically in 2 years only 5 challengers have had opportunity's to win a world title in the middleweight division.
              (7 if you include Murata-N'Dam for the vacant regular title).

It's not fair on the fighters anyways congratulations to Caleb Truax who won a voluntary title shot against an Olympic gold medalist as a true underdog, a quality gritty performance and he has lived the boxers dream.

Same thing with Ward-Kovalev and Stevenson holding up the LHW division the last 2 years.

Comment

Canella He didn’t win the first fight it was a robbery draw fools he lost at a generous 7-5 the least I had 8-4

Comment

Originally posted by BUCSBronzemedal View Post
                  I feel sorry for the ranked boxers and mandatory challengers in all of this, the last proper title defence was Dominic Wade for the IBF 20 months ago. And it'll be 2 and a half years if the rematch get done.

I'm not counting the Jacob's defence as he was a "regular" title holder, which the WBA re-issued anyway instead of eliminating it.

Saunders has almost made 2 mandatory defences of the WBO but only after 20 months with one voluntary before that.

Basically in 2 years only 5 challengers have had opportunity's to win a world title in the middleweight division.
                  (7 if you include Murata-N'Dam for the vacant regular title).

It's not fair on the fighters anyways congratulations to Caleb Truax who won a voluntary title shot against an Olympic gold medalist as a true underdog, a quality gritty performance and he has lived the boxers dream.

Same thing with Ward-Kovalev and Stevenson holding up the LHW division the last 2 years.
                  Nobodies holding up any of that. Those fighters are free to make themselves relevant by fighting other challengers for less pay to gain experience,keep active,& make fans like them more,aka sacrifice take risks to be great.

Theres been way more opportunities for these fighters to be on undercards for these big fights, they've had the chance to get more attention by calling these guys out etc.etc. Fighters nowadays are just a bunch of greedy mediocre ,entitled con men,who can give a sh less about anything but becoming millionaires with the least risk possible.

Fighters have become giant pûssies in this era of them being treated like divas,thats why they've been quitting in record numbers.

Comment

Very nice news!!!

Who is the crooked judge that will get tons of money from the crossdresser to score for Canelo this time?? anyone know?

Comment

Working...
                    X