Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So whi has the better resume, LOMACHENKO or CRAWFORD?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easily Loma but Crawford is more accomplished. Clearing out two division is a great accomplishment.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
      Interesting. So out of curiosity, who is p4p #1 iyo then?
      I don't know I think with the retirement of Mayweather it was easy to put Ward there now the retirement of Ward there's a void for a clear #1

A case can be made for several fighters and the dust probably won't be settled until the end of 2018 but there's about 5 names I think could make a claim it all have big question marks

Crawford looks unstoppable but he moved to 140 when it was the worst division in the sport and beat really no one. If he can move up to WW and beat Spence or Thurman winner it's him but with resume right now while he looks good it's to early

Loma could be but he moved up to 130 when 126 became stacked, he has a great win over GRJ , but Walters was inactive and Rigo as someone pointed out is basically the age of a dinosaur in those weight classes small and inactive.

Top Rank A-side fighters never really fight in 50/50 fights there's always a advantage they have. So while they usually look great it tougher for me to say they're #1 because they always have all the breaks

GGG - ran through the MW but the elites didn't want to face him untill this year I wouldn't have a problem giving Jacobs the decision but Danny got KD so him actually getting the decision wasn't going to happen. I think he convincingly beat Canelo and getting a draw in Vegas is the equivalent to a win against Canelo but he appears age maybe catching up to him and MW is heating up so I don't know if he gets through 2018 unscathed

Thurman / Spence - right now the top dogs in the WW division which is the best and Thurman has the better resume but has looked human recently and is somewhat inactive and now injured. Spence while is running through everyone passing the eye test his best win is a previously face broken Brook.

Mikey Garcia - people don't give him enough credit and he can make a claim . He blitzed through Salido ( something Loma couldn't do ) and Martinez. When he came back he ran through a undeafted champ who had beat burns ( Indongos best and only decent win ) and moved up in weight and pitched a shutout against Broner something no other non WW has been able to do

If you want to crown someone now I guess Crawford/Loma/Mikey but none of them have earned it

I think by the end of this year when there's a king of the WW and see what Loma and Mikey do there be some clarity of who actually deserves it

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
      Do you rate Errol Spence Jr? He beat a guy who got his face caved in and now he's fighting a guy off a year layoff also Thurman fights once a year. Canelo usually has one throw away fight a year out of his two fights. GGG was fighting 3-4 times a year until recently but it was against sub par competition. It's the state of boxing nowadays. Guys fight twice a year like they're superstars.

I agree with you on everything but at least with Canelo , Thurman they'll go in fights where they have to face adversity and aren't the run away favourites unlike Top Rank fighters so I think that should hold more weight and Spence most would pick to beat Thurman so he should be in the discussion

I just think TR have great match making but that doesn't mean because they look great doing it they are the #1

All of this is just my opinion so when it comes to P4P #1 it's all subjective

But right now I don't think anyone's earned that crown yet

Comment

Working...
      X