No announcement yet.

Rigo was too small... period.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shape up View Post
    Rigo threw hardly any punches that landed, Loma peppered rigo with light punches, he didn't load anything, rigo had no problems with donaire who was about the same size as Loma, rigo had the bigger reach but he was beaten with skill, all the rigo fans were saying that rigo had the better power, power is useless if you can't land it, NEXT
    I totally agree! Age might be a valid justification for Rigo's loss but not size. It's not like Lomachenko was walking through Rigo's most powerful punches to land punches of his own. Nor was Lomachenko even landing his own punches that were his most powerful.

An example of a boxer relying on size advantage to win was Canelo Alvarez against Amir Khan (Canelo took Khan's best punches whilst moving forward to land the most powerful punches of his own). Golovkin also relied on size advantage against Kell Brook. However, Lomachenko relied purely on skills to win against Rigondeaux (and I state all of this as a Rigo fan myself).

Comment

You don't know **** about boxing Loma. STFU. Size didn't matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
        Those things didn't disappear. The physical presence and the confidence that comes along with being the bigger man doesn't disappear. If that was a 130 lb fighter that could crack P4P as hard as Rigo he wouldn't be walzing in like he was.

Donaire was nowhere near the size of Lomachenko. Donaire weighed 132/133 at 126, less at 122 against Rigo. Donaire also wasn't as skilled as Loma. If you could put two equally skilled fighters in a ring the one with the 10lb+ weight advantage is going to win. GTFOH.
        So skill was the difference, how much did plaster hands outweigh Pacquiao by, who won, how much did canelo outweigh fluid by, who won, how many people were picking rigo to win, plenty, so tell me how he imposed his size and weight because you've failed, he didn't lean on him, he didn't muscle his way in, he didn't take a punch to land one, he didn't force him into the corner and unload so tell me exactly where he won throwing his pity, patter punches, did rigo look hurt, did rigo have any marks on his face, maybe if rigo threw some punches he might have had a chance
        Last edited by Shape up; 12-11-2017, 04:45 AM.

Comment

So skill was the difference
          Along with size. A more skilled fighter can overcome a size disadvantage, but it's still a disadvantage.

Comment

You don't know **** about boxing Loma. STFU. Size didn't matter.
            You obviously don't know what a backhanded compliment is, you should invest in education

Comment

You obviously don't know what a backhanded compliment is, you should invest in education
              What makes you believe that was a backhanded compliment? Please explain.

Comment

Along with size. A more skilled fighter can overcome a size disadvantage, but it's still a disadvantage.
                So explain exactly where he used his size advantage to win, was it creating his angles, was it popping in to land his numerous jabs, not bad considering rigo has a longer reach, was it when rigo was clinching every 30 seconds, or was it he was just out boxed by a better skilled opponent

Comment

So explain exactly where he used his size advantage to win, was it creating his angles, was it popping in to land his numerous jabs, not bad considering rigo has a longer reach, was it when rigo was clinching every 30 seconds, or was it he was just out boxed by a better skilled opponent
                  I just ****ing told you.

Comment

Those things didn't disappear. The physical presence and the confidence that comes along with being the bigger man doesn't disappear. If that was a 130 lb fighter that could crack P4P as hard as Rigo he wouldn't be walzing in like he was.

Donaire was nowhere near the size of Lomachenko. Donaire weighed 132/133 at 126, less at 122 against Rigo. Donaire also wasn't as skilled as Loma. If you could put two equally skilled fighters in a ring the one with the 10lb+ weight advantage is going to win. GTFOH.
                    If person A has an AK-47 in their back back during a battle against person B who only wields a knife but suppose person A refuses to use their AK-47 at all and relies on only using their knife too. Can you honestly claim that the reason why person A won the battle (assuming they do) was because of their AK-47, despite them not even using it? Are you going to claim that the 'confidence' and 'weaponry presence' that comes from having an AK-47 doesn't disappear? Like that's relevant at all?

If Lomachenko was confident in his physical advantage but didn't use it at all, then you can't attribute his win to his physical advantage.

Also, have you got any evidence Donaire was that weight during fight night against Rigo? Last time I checked, Donaire didn't have any rehydration clauses (allowing him to rehydrate to whatever he liked) whilst Lomachenko had a rehydration clause up to 138 pounds.

Comment

I think he just looked like an old fighter frankly. Certain guys are able to essentially bring the age out of you, if they’re good enough.

To me, Rigo just looked old and a bit **** and Loma is fast enough and good enough to make his age very apparent and a factor.

Comment

Working...
                      X