No announcement yet.

Rigo was too small... period.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
    The height was very different. And when you fight someone heavier than you like that, you fight More scared. It's different. Don't be silly.
    Really? Because in several of Pac's biggest fights he was the significantly shorter guy fighting someone heavier on fight night.

Comment

• Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
      Really? Because in several of Pac's biggest fights he was the significantly shorter guy fighting someone heavier on fight night.
      In those type of fights Pacquiao fought mostly on the back foot, where as guys around his size he was on the front foot. Which proves his point.

Comment

• Probably the best Maxi thread I've seen. (assuming he didn't turn it into a "gotcha" at some point)
        I was initially wanting this, thinking it would be 50/50. Until I started looking at the sizes and realizing that Loma dwarfed Rigo. That's why I said Rigo couldn't win.

The old adage is that when two great fighters go at it, the big one wins. Being dishonest about it to give Loma extra credit is some kind of bizarre fan insecurity. Even Loma isn't taking much credit for it, which is part of why I like him. He's pretty honest about stuff like that.

Comment

• When they were in the ring, I was slightly surprised by the size difference. It was a bit larger than I was expecting.

Loma was too big and too skilled for Rigo. The way the fight played out made me think that Loma would beat Rigo if they were the same size, however the height advantage was very obvious and I have no doubt Lomachenko was also the stronger guy.

Lomachenko was too skilled for Rigo that night, however he was certainly assisted by his size advantage.

Rigo rehydrated to the 130 pound limit! He is not a natural 130 pounder at all. Lomachenko was humble enough to acknowledge this in his post fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
            WTF... there are weight classes for a reason.

Rigo is already small for 122.
            You are right in that. But the fight wasn't decided on size but skill.

We can agree to disagree

Comment

• Originally posted by NoMasChenko View Post
              Rigo looked like he couldn't move in there, maybe his own size was an issue. there was no snap in his movements at all.
              Agreed, not to mention that lomachenko looked way bigger than Rigo. goliath vs David, without the sling and the rock. I think size make the difference, both ways...And lomachenko is one of the best, if not the best.
              Last edited by BendOver; 12-21-2017, 09:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rampad View Post
                I forgot, you only watch floyd fights.
                I think I saw that fight, but it happened so long ago. I wasnt going to talk about it without remembering the fight and make myself look dumb af.

But yea, when Floyd was at his peak, I would rewatch his fights all day and night for the following week. The JMM, Ortiz, Mosley, Ghost, and Canelo fights gots major play in my ride. After those fights, he was washed!

Comment

• Originally posted by BendOver View Post
                  Agreed, not to mention that lomachenko looked way bigger than Rigo. goliath vs David, without the sling and the rock. I think size make the difference, both ways...And lomachenko is one of the best, if not the best.
                  Stop this nonsense please... Loma weighted 137,4 lbs while Rigo weighted 130 lbs in fight day...

Comment

• I said all along that Rigo was too small and too old, and that the fight didn't really interest me. The window of opportunity for them to have had a really good fight had already gone past.

Although watching the fight showed that the size wasn't as big of a factor as some people are making it out to be. Rigo was beaten by skill and speed and willpower. If anything, Rigo's age was a much bigger factor than his size. He is 37 which is ancient for a little fighter.

Even though I expected Loma to win, and wasn't all that hyped for the fight, I wasn't expecting him to humiliate Rigo so comprehensively. Beating Rigo wasn't that special, but taking Rigo's heart, soul and manhood and ruining his reputation permanently is what makes the win a good one.

I want Loma to fight Garcia, although I would also be happy with some unification fights. Unification fights are almost always something I support, I think they are good for boxing. Garcia is the best, most realistic challenge for Loma to take on next.

Comment

• Lomo too good. Rigo could beat most bigger guys

Comment

Working...
                      X