• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
    I dont recall that fight. That is fight was a long time ago Lol
    I forgot, you only watch floyd fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
      Going to have to disagree with you there. Size and weight were a non-factor.
      This was 90% skill and 100% will...
      This right here. It wasn't like Rigo was punching Loma and couldn't move him or hurt him.

He was lost and didn't have a plan B. Also he didn't adjust or went for broke. He just decided to quit like a twat after all that crap he said

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
        This right here. It wasn't like Rigo was punching Loma and couldn't move him or hurt him.

He was lost and didn't have a plan B. Also he didn't adjust or went for broke. He just decided to quit like a twat after all that crap he said
        The height was very different. And when you fight someone heavier than you like that, you fight More scared. It's different. Don't be silly.

Comment

Originally posted by Shape up View Post
          Rigo threw hardly any punches that landed, Loma peppered rigo with light punches, he didn't load anything, rigo had no problems with donaire who was about the same size as Loma, rigo had the bigger reach but he was beaten with skill, all the rigo fans were saying that rigo had the better power, power is useless if you can't land it, NEXT
          Donaire maxed out at 126 and looked poor at the weight. Loma is a solid 130lber looking to move up in the near future

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
            The height was very different. And when you fight someone heavier than you like that, you fight More scared. It's different. Don't be silly.
            Loma’s height advantage could have been negated by Rigo’s reach advantage, the guys’s not a noob. Rigo is a 2 time Olympic Gold medalist like Loma, and he has plenty of experience. Rigo fought taller guys his whole career, I don’t think he came in the fight scared.

Rigo was supposed to be the slicker, quicker counter puncher who was gonna expose Loma and break his jaw with his deadly left. Once Rigo got in there, however, and witnessed Loma in person, he quickly realized that Loma’s speed, slickness and skill level was far above his own, and just gave up.

Comment

Loma’s height advantage could have been negated by Rigo’s reach advantage, the guys’s not a noob. Rigo is a 2 time Olympic Gold medalist like Loma, and he has plenty of experience. Rigo fought taller guys his whole career, I don’t think he came in the fight scared.

Rigo was supposed to be the slicker, quicker counter puncher who was gonna expose Loma and break his jaw with his deadly left. Once Rigo got in there, however, and witnessed Loma in person, he quickly realized that Loma’s speed, slickness and skill level was far above his own, and just gave up.
              Man, don't do this, please. I know Loma probably beats Rigo if both were 122 fighters, but to say it was an even match or that the size difference didn't matter is silly, just silly.

There are weight classes for a reason, and it wasn't like Rigo could put on 15 pounds to move up.

Comment

Man, don't do this, please. I know Loma probably beats Rigo if both were 122 fighters, but to say it was an even match or that the size difference didn't matter is silly, just silly.

There are weight classes for a reason, and it wasn't like Rigo could put on 15 pounds to move up.
                Weight does matter. But not in this case. Loma did not use his weight to smother and bully Rigo, nor did the extra weight help Loma absorb any punches, simply because Rigo did not land anything solid.

Of course weight matters in a fight in general, but in that specific one it didn’t. Loma’s skill, speed and footwork was what mattered.

Comment

Weight does matter. But not in this case. Loma did not use his weight to smother and bully Rigo, nor did the extra weight help Loma absorb any punches, simply because Rigo did not land anything solid.

Of course weight matters in a fight in general, but in that specific one it didn’t. Loma’s skill, speed and footwork was what mattered.
                  Those GIFs remind me how dirty Salido was in the Lomachenko fight. I’d forgotten. Some of those low-blows were so blatant they could only be intentional. The ref probably should’ve foregone the warnings and immediately penalized “Siri.”

Comment

Rigo has the skills to off set size. Please don't make excuse

Comment

• Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
                      Rigo has the skills to off set size. Please don't make excuse
                      WTF... there are weight classes for a reason.

Rigo is already small for 122.

Comment

Working...
                      X