Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko: Rigondeaux is Not a Big Win For Me, Not His Weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well now that Rigo quit, and Salido is finished, there's not much left for Loma! I would say rematch GRJ @ 130, or fight Mikey Garcia @ 135. With Arum blasting on HBO recently, and Oscar being Oscar, I don't see fights w/ Berchelt or Machado. Tank Davis is too green @ 23, but I would love to see that, however Floyd won't let that happen yet. I would love to see Pacquiao vs. Lomachenko @ 140, but Loma said that 140 is too big for him. So basically it's Mikey Garcia or bust! I won't rank Loma above Mikey until he beats him, or Mikey loses, because Loma still has to put in work. Question is, who wants the work?

Comment

Love the honesty. He said this was a mismatch all along and they hype was created by the fans.

Comment

loma being modest. theres no excuse for that dreadful performance, the guy landed less than 3 punches a round lol. Gamboa was half the size of crawford but at least he landed shots and made a go of it. First sign of adversity in rigos career and he decided to quit, thats not a good look.

Comment

rigo went out like a bigger hoe than walters. stick a fork in his career. he will be remembered as a coward.

Comment

Rigo should have went out on his shield.
            I think I would have respected it a lot more if he would have opened up and at least tried to go for the win.
            He should retire that soured any respect I had for him.
            I know he was smaller and supposedly hurt his hand.
            But it looked like he quit because Loma was whipping that tail. Shameful.

Comment

Thats pretty impressive to make two time olympic gold
              medalist quit out of frustration WOW. All stupid racist
              mfers who said Rigo will KO Loma should
              be adhamed now
              Last edited by MrShakeAndBake; 12-10-2017, 10:47 AM.

Comment

It's a big win in the sense that it was historic with 2 two-time gold medalist fighting each other. But tons of props for admitting that. He's tried to fight everyone and he admitted to him being a smaller guy so you can't really bash him.

Comment

I had a feeling Loma's fanboys probably didn't take too well to Loma actually speaking the truth.

This fight has parallels to the JMM/Floyd fight.

A smaller guy who was on the P4P list called out a bigger guy on the list and got utterly dominated.

But, that where the similarities end.

JMM was not ancient like Rigo and actually wound up fighting and doing quite well at the higher weight.

I just don't see Rigo doing similarly at 130; hell, he is likely done at 122 to be honest.

This was Loma getting a name and to his credit he did what he needed to do- be dominant.

But let's not ignore the fact that Rigo was smaller, significantly older, and much less active.

It would have been miraculous if Rigo had won.

Comment

good of him to be honest

Comment

lomachenko made a fan out of me. Not for the win but for the professionalism and sportsmanship he showed after the fight. long live the king

Comment

Working...
                      X