Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rigo should be ashamed of himself, but did Loma even land any punches?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by g27region View Post
    I REFUSE to believe Rigondeaux is a coward. Something was wrong. The guy had 2 Olympic medals, left Cuba on a smuggler's boat and now ask yourself what would make him quit? I mean, fighters weren't quitting against prime Tyson, they weren't quitting against prime Pacquiao and Mayweather when they were being outclassed and what made a fighter of Rigo's caliber quit? Don't you think it's weird?

Boxing fans deluding themselves when they say there's nothing strange about that
    You said it yourself, you REFUSE to believe it. Never refuse to believe reality, brother. You’re choosing to fabricate these possibilities you have no evidence for in place of what’s plainly in front of you. It hurts, it sucks, but it happened. Accept it. The refusal to do so is technically called denial.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
      You said it yourself, you REFUSE to believe it. Never refuse to believe reality, brother. You’re choosing to fabricate these possibilities you have no evidence for in place of what’s plainly in front of you. It hurts, it sucks, but it happened. Accept it. The refusal to do so is technically called denial.
      Just give me your honest answer, don't you think something ain't right about the fight? Do you really think there's nothing weird about it? The fact that Rigo was worse than Marriaga (who moved up in weight too)? The way he started praising Lomachenko after the fight? The fact that Rigo was desperate for a payday? The fact that defensive master like Rigo got hit that often and wasn't moving too much? The fact that it's 4th opponent in a row who refuses to fight with Lomachenko? The fact that Rigo who never showed no signs of fear just gave up tonight? A lot of things doesn't feel right to me, and I'm not saying it was 100% fixed but I think there's a possibility of it
      Last edited by g27region; 12-10-2017, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Just give me your honest answer, don't you think something ain't right about the fight? Do you really think there's nothing weird about it? The fact that Rigo was worse than Marriaga (who moved up in weight too)? The way he started praising Lomachenko after the fight? The fact that Rigo was desperate for a payday? The fact that defensive master like Rigo got hit that often and wasn't moving too much? The fact that it's 4th opponent in a row who refuses to fight with Lomachenko? The fact that Rigo who never showed no signs of fear just gave up tonight? A lot of things doesn't feel right to me, and I'm not saying it was 100% fixed but I think there's a possibility of it
        I always give my honest opinion, or try my best to. I’m not seeing anything so unbelievable or strange here so as to suspect conspiracy theories. I’m going by what’s plainly in front of me. What I saw last night was a smaller, past-prime fighter do what he could with someone who is on the same level of talent, but hungrier, bigger and younger. The result was not unexpected. Rigondeaux quit because he knew he was about to be embarrassed. It was coming, sure as the turning of the earth. He couldn’t bear it.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
          First it was his hand, now its his wrist? nobody can get the story straight. Rigo is saying 2nd round. When you lie the story can be hard to get straight.

And when you avoid the fight the whole time and quit like a *****, you lose all credit you got for taking a fight with a bigger guy. Did Khan or brook quit like a ***** in their weight class jumping fights?
          hahaha I luv that cartoon on a soap box

Comment

I REFUSE to believe Rigondeaux is a coward. Something was wrong. The guy had 2 Olympic medals, left Cuba on a smuggler's boat and now ask yourself what would make him quit? I mean, fighters weren't quitting against prime Tyson, they weren't quitting against prime Pacquiao and Mayweather when they were being outclassed and what made a fighter of Rigo's caliber quit? Don't you think it's weird?

Boxing fans deluding themselves when they say there's nothing strange about that
            Those guys had different styles though, Tyson and Pac could put guys out with one shot, and Floyd was not as offensive minded as Loma is. Some guys came into fights vs Tyson already mentally beaten, and the times when Pac couldn't lay people out we did sometimes see them give up trying to win before the halfway point (Cotto, Clottey, Shane) and DLH did quit.

Boxers who are aggressive, fast but don't have one shot power do sometimes have that effect on opponents, there are some similarities between Calzaghe and Loma (some differences as well obvs), both Lacy and Kessler folded mentally against Calzaghe, they didn't quit but in Rigo's case I feel like all the hard shit he went through in his life was as a younger man, a hungrier fighter. I don't follow his interviews but I'm guessing he had more of a 'do or die' attitude 10 years ago than he does now.

Comment

Working...
            X