No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko Makes Rigondeaux Quit After Six For TKO Victory

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aware View Post
    People (including ESPN) trying to spin this into some brilliant performance for Lomachenko and how he made Rigondeaux quit. Rigondeaux literally shut it down after the second round when he allegedly hurt his left hand. He started holding and clinching. He wasn't even trying to fight anymore. I knew something was wrong because Rigo has never fought like that. There have been great fighters that fought through injuries worse than Rigo's. I think that Rigo knew that he had no chance without his left being 100% and packed it in. One of the most disappointing fights of all time.

Exactly though I think rigo only came for one last payday,I literally predicted everything about this fight including it being a huge disappointment & a ko in 8 rds . Loma has only fought 1 legit opponent & he lost to him.the rest had major caveats wrong with them lets be real. Lomas been feasting off fighters with every conceivable disadvantage this not even being the worst vs a fighter with 3 rds in 2 yrs.

I AM NOT HATING ON HIM JUST SAYING THE TRUTH (to his nuthuggers that'll flame me) Loma is FAAAR from #1 p4p til he fights someone like berchelt or Mikey. He was a 132 lb fighter in olympics & yet hes yet to face a single active fighter his own size except who he lost to.

Comment

• I'm pretty sure this is the result that virtually everybody expected.

I mean, Rigo was going up 2 weight classes to fight the guy that many think is the best fighter alive.

He had virtually no shot, and only a few people picked Rigondeaux to win, so I don't see why dudes are doing a victory lap because an in his prime Loma beat a 37 year old Rigo who has only fought 3 rounds in the past 2 years.

I mean, I give Loma his props and have him as my new no. 1 P4P, but I don't see why people are acting like this is some great development

I'm just disappointed that Rigo just used this as a cash out fight and didn't really fight as hard as he should have. He quit and I wouldn't be surprised if he never fights again.

Comment

• Originally posted by The D3vil View Post
        I'm pretty sure this is the result that virtually everybody expected.

I mean, Rigo was going up 2 weight classes to fight the guy that many think is the best fighter alive.

He had virtually no shot, and only a few people picked Rigondeaux to win, so I don't see why dudes are doing a victory lap because an in his prime Loma beat a 37 year old Rigo who has only fought 3 rounds in the past 2 years.

I mean, I give Loma his props and have him as my new no. 1 P4P, but I don't see why people are acting like this is some great development

I'm just disappointed that Rigo just used this as a cash out fight and didn't really fight as hard as he should have. He quit and I wouldn't be surprised if he never fights again.
        Exactly,rigo quit & will be forever disgraced,he went out like a complete bîtch!!! All he had to do was go out on his shield & hed be getting mad respect right now, instead he'll be forever ridiculed.

Comment

• Why are people complaining now? Isn't this the fight people wanted to see?
          Loma nor Top Rank forced Rigo to move up. Loma was not even calling him out, but of course if he didn't take the fight he was scared.
          The Rigo situation was a no win. If he didn't take the fight he was scared and if he did take it then he is taking advantage of a smaller fighter.
          I wasn't posting but I was reading things here and there. There seemed to be a lot of confident people that Rigo would beat Loma and break his jaw, which there isn't anything wrong with that, but you have to at least give Loma some credit now, right?
          People are just going to find things to complain about.

This doesn't just apply for Loma, it applies to almost every fighter. Boxing fans will always find a way to complain.

Comment

• Originally posted by HI-TECH Boxing View Post
            Why are people complaining now? Isn't this the fight people wanted to see?
            Loma nor Top Rank forced Rigo to move up. Loma was not even calling him out, but of course if he didn't take the fight he was scared.
            The Rigo situation was a no win. If he didn't take the fight he was scared and if he did take it then he is taking advantage of a smaller fighter.
            I wasn't posting but I was reading things here and there. There seemed to be a lot of confident people that Rigo would beat Loma and break his jaw, which there isn't anything wrong with that, but you have to at least give Loma some credit now, right?
            People are just going to find things to complain about.

This doesn't just apply for Loma, it applies to almost every fighter. Boxing fans will always find a way to complain.
            The rational people calling for him to face Rigo were doing it when they were fighting closer in weight,but even then I always thought hed still be way too much for him. I haven't understood from day 1 what the appeal of this fight was,& even though your right that it was a no win situation from Loma with certain people, it's ultimately on him for fighting someone under these circumstances just to have his name on his resume.

He could've surely fought Linares instead as Linares was trying to fight Garcia at all cost & could've got made vs loma easily & he has a belt. Bottom line is that this win is a great name for Loma to have on his resume but it shouldn't raise his stock much imo.
            Last edited by kushking; 12-10-2017, 02:41 AM.

Comment

• Incredible display of skill from Vasyl Lomachenko.

I thought this fight would be competittive but I was way wrong on that one; I've been wrong before and I'm sure there will be times when I am wrong again.

Dissapointed at how it ended.

Comment

• Originally posted by kushking View Post
                The rational people calling for him to face Rigo were doing it when they were fighting closer in weight,but even then I always thought hed still be way too much for him. I haven't understood from day 1 what the appeal of this fight was,& even though your right that it was a no win situation from Loma with certain people, it's ultimately on him for fighting someone under these circumstances just to have his name on his resume.

He could've surely fought Linares instead as Linares was trying to fight Garcia at all cost & could've got made vs loma easily & he has a belt. Bottom line is that this win is a great name for Loma to have on his resume but it shouldn't raise his stock much imo.
                But people were still calling for this after Loma moved up to 130. It's not like it stopped as soon as Loma moved up.
                I wanted this fight to happen at 126 two years ago. It just never did.
                I lost a lot of interest once Loma moved up. There is poster, can't recall his name, but he made a thread about not letting this fight die. It was a fight that had to happen according to him. I said in that thread that if people and Rigo (and his team) still wanted that fight, then Rigo should first have a few fights at 126 and 130. He never did. He should have made himself mandatory for one of those belts at 126. He should have moved up a while ago. 122 has been dull for years. Rigo wasn't doing himself any favors by over staying. I have no idea why he never did.

I will never lose respect for Rigo. He is probably the first boxer that really amazed me when I saw him way back. It's a shame guys like LSC, Frampton, Mares, etc. didn't want anything to do with him. Those guys ruined great potential fights for us. They can't be forgiven IMO. Shameful what they did.

I want to see Lomachenko fight Berchelt before moving up. That is a very interesting fight. I think Loma should unify early next year and Berchelt unifies the other belt, then they have a showdown for all four belts. Then if Loma is successful he can challenge Linares later in the year for his first fight at Lightweight. Then Mikey. That would ideal for me.
                I want to see Loma do a little more at 130 before moving up. Once Loma moves up there is no coming back down, so might as well take advantage of still being here. You get me?

Comment

• Originally posted by LADIV View Post
                  what fight were you watching neither of them landed s hit...wonder how much rigo got from arum...in order to hurt your hand you have to land punches
                  U can't land much when ur opponent keeps hugging u.

Comment

• WOW! Lomachenko is amazing, likely the most skilled fighter in Boxing. Great win for him!

Comment

• Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
                      lol why, am I supposed to stay loyal to him?

For what? I dont know him, im not cuban, I was just rooting for him against Lomachenko. FUCK HIM AND LOMACHENKO THEY BOTH CAN DIE TONIGHT ON THE WAY HOME AND I WOULDNT GIVE ONE FUCK! #REALTALK!~
                      Buahahaha...so ****ing funny...i bet after mickey garcia get demolished by loma you will change your avatar name...buahahaha...so pity

Comment

Working...
                      X