No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko Makes Rigondeaux Quit After Six For TKO Victory

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nacho daddy View Post
    that was better then the fight lol. and smith said he has never witnessed top fighters just give up against Lomo
    SAS is so bad at boxing commentary that it makes him the perfect broadcast partner for the super knowledgeable and easily irritable Teddy. They are pure commentary gold. Deff missed Teddys expertise and feisty attitude durimg the ESPN broadcast. But boy did he make up for his absence when he got his 10 mins of screen time!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Contra View Post
      NO SHíT!!!!

I thought Teddy was having a heart attack on live tv.

Atlas vs Smith on HBO ppv!!

-Quarrel of the Commentators-

Let's get it on!!!!!
      Bahahaha i swear ESPN staff better be considdering making Atlas a part of First take or give him and Steven A Smith their own show. Id watch just to see Teddy flip while SAS talks shyt and instigates arguements with the old Battle Axe. The best part is how Steven A giggles and smiles while Teddy is popping blood vessels in his neck

Comment

• Originally posted by TJ highway View Post
        LOL! Bring Teddy Back! Did anyone hear the broadcast crew? The question was asked about "Mexican Style Boxing!" Nobody could answer?

I thought to myself this is F---en stupid!

Teddy at least would have mentioned the great Julio Cesar Chavez. Mexican Style has more to do with professional background. The majority of Mexicans put more emphasis on entertainment. They have technical knowledge, but prefer to fight than to box, to give the people what they want to see. The great Chavez Sr.

Finito Lopez, Salvador Sanchez, Julio Cesar Chavez and Juan Manuel Marquez. Mexicans tend to be pressure fighters, with varying degrees of skill when it comes to: head movement, footwork, and ring generalship.

They are known for there resiliency and take two to give one mentality. A lot of Mexican greats don’t come from an amateur background and thus aren’t as robotic, fluid as Americans.
        Yah you are right man those
        2 commentators were on some amateur hour shyt.

Comment

• Quote:
          Originally Posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
          ... what's wrong with you Rigo haters? Geez, can you not respect more than ONE fighter at a time? Grow the he!! up and stop acting like a bunch of smartazz jr high
          brats. Loma won. Good for him. Both fighters are top notch. One was injured, the other wasn't. It happens.

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
          Lol @ even trying to mention that the injury played any part of that fights outcome. You sound as bad as Rigo
          Loma is great, no doubt, but are you actually saying the injury played no part in the outcome? Because I've seen many Rigo fights, amateur and pro, and his gameplan is usually to adapt to his opponent as the fight goes on. Something that's impossible with an injury like that. I'll let someone besides me be the judge in whether the fighter was a quitter, or just being smart enough to know they can just fight another day. Especially smaller fighters.

Comment

• Quote:
            ...Loma won. Good for him. Both fighters are top notch. One was injured, the other wasn't. It happens.

Originally posted by nacho daddy View Post
            you are full of s h it. how the phuck did rigo hurt his hand when he didn't even hit Lomo
            He landed some solid shots. Maybe you should watch the fight again. Sorry, I'm not jumping on your bandwagon. Not my place to judge the guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
              They showed Rigo's left hand after the glove was removed. It looked perfectly fine, not swollen at all or even red. As Tesatore said, when did he even land a punch to hurt his hand? They should have kept that glove on to hide the lie.
              Yeah Rigo’s hand is fine. It was just a way to save face, and a boxer saying his hand hurts is arguably the cheapest possible way to do it.

If his hand was broken, or indeed any other form of damage worthy of quitting a fight, do we not think he and his team would want the evidence of it plastered across all our faces given the amount of backlash he is now facing?

All his lifetime achievements and all people think of him now is the guy that quit, generally speaking. If he had genuine evidence of a legitimate injury, he’d have it all over the place by now.

Comment

• Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                Rigo telling his fans they should still love him because he hurt his hand

+1

Comment

• Originally posted by kushking View Post
                  To gigantes

You have the audacity to act as if Mikey has been the 1 fighting guys coming off horrible losses at lower weights like the last bum loma fought before Rigo that had just lost every rd in a lower weight his last fight(marriagga),rigo had only 3 rds in more than 2 yrs,& CLEARLY just showed up for a payday without trying whatsoever.
                  The only active fighter lomas fought that was his own size,he lost to in Salido(close loss but still).

Compare that with mikey who has 37 wins 30 kos,& who just beat a welterweight 4 weight champ (broner). And mikey had already completly obliterated Salido while knocking him down 4x 1 yr BEFORE Salido beat Loma without being kd at all.

Every single name on Lomas resume wouldve been beaten easily by several names on Broners resume.

In fact now that I actually examine their resumes again I give Loma only a 25% chance at beating Mikey on POINTS,he has ZERO chance to "make him quit" like hes so proud of from fw bums. That's exactly why Loma wont fight mikey til at least 2019 if ever.(Arums his manager so probably never)
                  Don't forget Sosa who lost to a smaller man who took the fight with 2-3 weeks notice...I mean Holy SHT!!! How do you lose to a replacement fighter
                  Who had zero time to train???

Comment

• Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
                    Quote:
                    ... what's wrong with you Rigo haters? Geez, can you not respect more than ONE fighter at a time? Grow the he!! up and stop acting like a bunch of smartazz jr high
                    brats. Loma won. Good for him. Both fighters are top notch. One was injured, the other wasn't. It happens.

Loma is great, no doubt, but are you actually saying the injury played no part in the outcome? Because I've seen many Rigo fights, amateur and pro, and his gameplan is usually to adapt to his opponent as the fight goes on. Something that's impossible with an injury like that. I'll let someone besides me be the judge in whether the fighter was a quitter, or just being smart enough to know they can just fight another day. Especially smaller fighters.
                    Exactly, the injury had zero effect on the outcome. He wasn't making that final bell either way it goes. He had a bruised hand. Many fighters have bruised hands and finish fights. It's boxing for crying out loud, you use your hands as projectiles every fight. Lame excuse.

Comment

• Loman is shutting everyone down on the stool. Who can give him a fight worth watching? I am a Mikey Garcia fan. Is his power enough to offset Lomos moves and speed? Mikey would fight to the bitter end if he is losing, but I do not know if he has enough in him to win. Is there anyone from 140 down that could beat Lomo?

Comment

Working...
                      X