No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko Makes Rigondeaux Quit After Six For TKO Victory

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DannYankee View Post
    I used to come here to talk about boxing whether my fighter won or lost, but browsing through these pages the racism here has gone off the deep end holy ****. Did the mods quit too?
    With you on that. It's actually quite funny seeing people using Loma's victory to inflate their self-worth cause they're the same skin colour as him, I mean, how desperate can you be? I'm roughly the same colour as Lomo, but I don't feel superior because he won. This 'needing to feel superior' tells it's own story. It highlights people as sad, desperate losers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
      I know reading comprehension isn't very high around here but I already addressed this.

I could be using competitive to suggest the fight was close, or I could be saying, it was competitive in the sense that the two opponents fought an unrelenting fight. Which is what happened. Despite getting outclassed, Russell never stopped pressing. Evidenced by the punch stats. (Each of the last 7 rounds Russell threw above 60 punches. Despite getting hit with above 50% of power shots). Russell threw 806 punches, to Loma's 597.

I scored the fight 10 - 2 as well. But both fighters brought it that night, which is what the orginal posters was criticizing "black" fighters for as if Walters and Rigo were Black Americans.
      I'm not arguing race.

Simply stating that "trying" is not the same as "being competitive". Yes Russell tried for 12 rounds but he wasn't competitive. That fight was embarrassing for him.

Comment

• Boring ass fight.

Comment

• Let me just say it. I do not buy 4 professional fighters quitting against the same fighter because they were outclassed. Lomachenko is an exceptional fighter who everyone knew would win but I do not get why Rigondeaux would come up with a BS excuse and quit. This is not boxing! We've seen other dominant fighters before. We've seen plenty of one sided fights but this is a new era if we're to believe this garbage we saw last night.

On the fight itself, the most glaring thing to me was Rigondeaux's power did not have any effect at 130. Lomachenko complains too damn much. You're not the referee... These damn mosquito bite punches are flashy and all but when you have to keep a bigger fighter off you let me know how that work out. And stop going behind your opponents back. There's a big difference between showboating and clowning your opponent. With that being said, Lomachenko gets all the credit for the way he dominated Rigondeaux. However, it's not surprising and really nothing to gloat about. He didn't even gloat which was the most impressive thing last night.
          Last edited by HarvardBlue; 12-10-2017, 10:03 AM.

Comment

• Rigo showed his true colors last night and that was he was not a champion in his heart was in his hand because he quit with some lame excuse his Corner didn't even know what hand I wish you had gone further Loma would have knocked him out...

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
              Lol who said he for sure won the 1st rd? He didn't do sh@t then either.
              Defense, jabs, body shots vs loma's pity-pats in the first round then rest of the fight Rigo just stood there. Weird....

Maybe loma was just feeling him out in the first round then turned up the pressure but loma didn't do anything in the first round so don't just give him the round cuz you wanted to.

Comment

• Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
                And still pacman make the bigger floyd run and landed more and harder punches.
                none of them were hurt they just LOST

Comment

• Originally posted by nacho daddy View Post
                  pacman finished the fight the tar baby quit with a fake injury
                  none of them were hurt, stop being so damn tacky if your ass was in the midst of us ud be quite as a mouse. grow the hell up n stop with this race bullsht people are born dark some are light wtf man

Comment

• This wasn't a fight, it was an exhibition with ridiculous commentary. Both fighters stock dropped for me, Loma looked ordinary and Rigo looked horrible, bad way to end a good year of boxing.

Comment

• Really disappointing how it turned out.

Comment

Working...
                      X