Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Caleb Truax Rocks James DeGale For IBF Belt in Shocker

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horn did not win sorry got gift to set up Arum rematch check fight again stats again if you still think horn won switch sports

Comment

• ������ at everyone voting for Truax after the fight

Comment

• Wasn't even aware this fight was happening, been so out of touch. How the hell did Truax manage to win?

That's what happens when you're out for 11 months.

Comment

• Didn't look like DeGale was going to escape that fifth round.

Comment

• Should be his 3rd consecutive loss

Comment

• To honest, he didn't look so hot against Jack.

Comment

• Badou Jack ruined Degale!

Benavidez would beat Degale!

Chunky needs to fire his trainer!

Comment

• Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                  I wasnt going to watch this but it got uploaded on YT pretty quickly, I scanned through some of the rounds and started to see DeGale get his arse handed to him LOL

What was he saying? Eubank SR was a **** fighter? Yeah he never lost to a bum and while almost shot, competed against one of the best cruiserweights on the planet.

DeGale deserves this loss, too arrogant, not fit enough and too lazy.
                  Good, honest analysis. DeGale is done, as I said in my retirement thread about a week ago. Wants to but can't do it anymore. The guy has taken a lot of damage in his career. Really nowhere for him to go from here but lose to C level guys like Truax. Time to get out!

Groves is next!
                  Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 12-09-2017, 08:41 PM.

Comment

• lmao
                    cherry pick gone wrong

Comment

• Interesting thing to note about this fight - a judge was retiring after this fight. When I hear that I called an upset decision instead of a robbery and told my da degale needed to not let it go to the cards for once.

Multiple reasons for this and no one real person to blame although I guess in the end it comes on the fighters shoulders. In the end of the day he did not do what he was supposed to do. Warren did his part - he set up a perfect return home fight. An on paper credible opponent but one that anyone with knowledge or who investigated would have seen was brought over to lose, bringing degale back in to the public eye with a win. Pretty much all he needed to do here was show up and perform and he did not, for whatever reason. People are being overly generous even with the early rounds, he was barely throwing even in the first and he was pushing punches instead of punching. At least 1 slap. The commentators did their part, they over valued his small moments of success and downplayed Truax meaning that casual and non attentive viewers would not have questioned a close degale win.

His corner failed him on multiple levels. He was clearly not fit to be back, he as mentioned he was not even throwing properly in the first - I do not think he reinjured in the fight as some say I think he just was not fully rehabilitated, sometimes the flesh is fixed but the mind isn't and he fought like someone who was still injured. His corner also didn't adequately prepare him for Truax, whether they thought he was insignificant or possibly degale is hardheaded and tough to work with I don't know. He had no plan and did not adapt at all to the agressive come forward nature of his challenger. His corner then failed him again when they gave him bogus advice in between rounds, essentially telling him he was doing well and winning even in the rounds that he was visibly being beaten up in. Steve Bunce as much as admitted, fighters were looked at and this guy was picked as he was perfect on paper to appear credible but to be walked through by degale. They didn't learn from the Jack fight either or they would have been making mid fight adjustments. Also clear from his interviews is that degale needs a realist around him, he believes the hype and the delusion. He thought he was winning. This is no surprise, his corner was telling him he was winning. His management also failed him - no rematch clause. Pretty much they figured he didn't need it. This is fundamental basics. You are managing a champion - no matter the hype or his personal beliefs you protect his interests. You do not put his livelihood at risk by neglecting on the paperwork as its supposed to be a squash match.

If he wants to continue competing at the highest level of the sport he needs to make some major changes to his team and to go back to some of the fundamentals of the ring.

Also lol at idiots in this thread scoring it even, some even admitting to not watching and just giving degale rounds yet people gave Selby **** for not shining against someone that literally knew him inside out.

Comment

Working...
                      X