Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5 Year Anniversary: "Remember, remember, the 8th of December" (Marquez KO6 Pacquiao)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 Year Anniversary: "Remember, remember, the 8th of December" (Marquez KO6 Pacquiao)

Did you watch it live? Where and with who? What was your reaction? Did you like many believe Pacquiao was dead?

Share your thoughts on this historic knockout.

Video Flashback to December 8, 2012

man i remember it like it was yesterday lol ...i watched it with a good Mexican girlfriend of mine ,she wasn't overly into boxing but her fam in mexico were HUGE into boxing ...pretty sure she just happened to be at my place when i was watching.

i remember making a status on fb before the fight saying pacquiao was gonna take an L, in no way did i anticipate that kind of L though ...it hurt me bad though lol pacman was my guy

5 years though holy jesus man time flys im 28 and had been watching boxing quite a while before pac/jmm4 what an iconic fight

Comment

I still remember Marquez standing in the dressing room with his glove on his chest while Mexico's national anthem was playing looking like he's ready for war.

Comment

Originally posted by RyanjLarose View Post
        man i remember it like it was yesterday lol ...i watched it with a good Mexican girlfriend of mine ,she wasn't overly into boxing but her fam in mexico were HUGE into boxing ...pretty sure she just happened to be at my place when i was watching.

i remember making a status on fb before the fight saying pacquiao was gonna take an L, in no way did i anticipate that kind of L though ...it hurt me bad though lol pacman was my guy

5 years though holy jesus man time flys im 28 and had been watching boxing quite a while before pac/jmm4 what an iconic fight
        Same, the day before the fight I made a FB status saying Pacquiao was going to leave the ring on a stretcher.

Don't remember if I actually believed it though, lol.

I remember predicting another close, controversial decision.

Comment

That was an epic night to end the series.

Watched it at my house with my nephew and some of his friends. Pure shock when Marquez knocked him out. Woke my wife up with all the commotion

Unbelievable.

Comment

I still get chills every time.

Comment

One of the greatest nights I've ever stayed up for. I have a story to mine which I'll share when I've finished work

Comment

When the 4th fight was announced, I remember thinking Bob and Freddy is setting up (not intentionally, but there's no need for a 4th fight) Manny to get knocked out. Then 24/7, Manny himself was saying it was going to be him or Marquez to get knocked out.

Come fight night, after seeing Manny leave his feet and knocked on his ass from that Hulk punch was crazy and I thought daaaaaam. Then in the 5th round, after knocking down Marquez, Manny got hit hard again, which probably cracked the chin, and in the end of 6th, it was silent, looked like a sniper shot him.

Even if Manny didn't go for the kill (Marquez was really hurt) in the end of the 6th, and backed away to let the round finish, I still think the possibility of that Marquez punch happening was still great. Manny was going for the kill whenever he got a chance, and Marquez was on his last lifeline for one more punch, so eventually, it was bound to happen (or Marquez finally getting stopped).

It's not one thing I brag/talk about too much though. When you hire a known steroid cheat and go into a 4th fight when your record going in is 0-2-1 (easily 0-3 without that miscount from the judge in fight 1) and get a victory, it's not as surprising with those facts that you should be able to get a knock out.

Comment

Amazing time, i predicted a KO or stoppage knockdowns blood either way, just felt both of them were gona go for it this time n both were predicting KOs

When Marquez drop him in that 3rd round, i got crazy chills n knew it was gona be a stoppage win for either guy

Saw Pacquiao rushing in too crazy very fearless n booom

Comment

I was with my family i and i was the only one that never sat down i was soo damn nervous and when that knockout came i was stunned i was shocked and seeing everyone around jumping and screaming but i didn't hear anything. Then remembered to celebrate i jumped up so high J.M.M #1
                    i'll never forget that moment EDIT: lol i i lost my job for this fight also did a no call no show no regret

Comment

Working...
                    X